U.S. Army Aviation and Missile CommandCorpus Christi, TX
Posted: 18 days ago
Aircraft Mechanical Parts Repair Inspector ==========================================
##### Department of the Army
U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command
##### Corpus Christi Army Depot
- ##### Open & closing dates
08/30/2019 to 09/09/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$28.48 to $33.30 per hour
- ##### Appointment type
Temporary - One year
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Corpus Christi, TX
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
**About the Position:** The mission of the Corpus Christi Army Depot is to overhaul, repair, modify, retrofit, test and modernize helicopters, engines and components for all services and foreign military customers. Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD) is the Army's Center of Industrial and Technical Excellence for Rotary Wing Aviation Maintenance. We provide worldwide on-site maintenance services, aircraft crash analysis, lubricating oil analysis, and chemical, metallurgical and training support.
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a quality control inspector responsible for inspection of a variety of aircraft power train and mechanical assemblies - Perform in-process and final acceptance inspections. - Monitor testing of items and/or performs static or operational tests. - Assure that all work processes accomplished meet established quality control criteria, i.e., good workmanship, specified measurements and tolerances, and conformance with current technical data and work specifications. - Review a variety of forms and records to assure accuracy and completeness of historical data to be maintained. - Certify items meeting quality requirements or prepares report of deficiencies. - Prepare report of findings with recommendations for disposition and/or corrective action. - Review requests for Material Review Board (MRB), Quality Deficiency Report/Equipment Improvement Recommendations (QDR/EIR), customer complaints, and/or proposed revisions to travelers and other publications applicable to assigned inspection area. - Complete inspections of a special nature in response to special notices, trend indicators, etc. to obtain and report information concerning actual or suspected deficiencies.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
8840 Aircraft Mechanical Parts Repairing
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed Tier 1 background investigation. - A pre-employment physical examination is required. - Pre-employment drug testing is required and subject to random drug testing thereafter. - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position. - If you misrepresent your experience/education, or provide false/fraudulent information in/with your application, it may be grounds for not hiring you or for firing you. Making false/ fraudulent statements also may be punishable by fine/imprisonment. - This is a temporary position not to exceed two years.
**Who May Apply:** Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees - Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army) - Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act - Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer - Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible - Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 - Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Aircraft Mechanical Parts Repair Inspector without more than normal supervision. Your resume must reflect the ability to inspect, and have experience including: (1) inspection, disassembly, evaluation, repair, modification, overhaul, and assembly of rotor heads or rotor controls or helicopter transmissions/gear boxes or main/tail rotor blades or mechanical components; AND (2) I can provide technical direction and assistance to others in performing these tasks. I work under supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who reviews my work for completion. - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Inspect - Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation) - Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment - Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc. - Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic) - Trouble shooting - Use of Measuring Instruments
- Requires long periods of standing and walking. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 35 pounds without assistance, and over 35 pounds with assistance from another worker or weight handling equipment. Assistance with the larger, awkward items is available. - Work is performed inside a shop area. Exposed to shop and test equipment noise. Subject to cuts and abrasions from handling items during inspections. Requires wearing safety glasses and safety shoes. Working conditions are considered in the evaluation of the work.
### Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. - You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. - Two year trial/probationary period may be required. - Direct deposit of pay is required. - This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Materiel Maintenance Management position. - Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. - If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. - Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. - Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. - If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. - Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 90 days beyond the closing date of this announcement. - Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. - Relocation bonus will not be paid. - Temporary appointment may be extended one additional year without further competition for a total of 24 months of service.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your r?sum? and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
##### Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
##### Trust determination process
- Required Documents ------------------
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. - For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other **supporting documents:** - Cover Letter, optional - Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable - **Proof of Eligibility to Apply:** Your application must include the documents which **prove you are eligible to apply** for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the **Who May Apply** section above to receive further consideration.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/09/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10591077). - Follow the prompts to **select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. - After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**. - You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.** - It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. - Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
AA-APF-W0MUAA USA AMCOM CORPUS CHRISTI ARMY DEPOT DO NOT MAIL Corpus Christi, TX 78419 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544196800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.