Computer Support Specialist
- Over a month ago
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), is a non-governmental, not-for-profit international organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in migration by advancing fair and humane public policy, facilitating and providing direct professional services, and promoting the full participation of migrants in community life. For over 100 years, we have shaped history with the belief that immigrants strengthen our communities, economy and social fabric through freedom, hard work, and family unity. To learn more about our work, please go to our official website at www.refugees.org.
The Computer Support Specialist performs onsite technical work to install and maintain computer equipment and network and software applications for classroom and staff computers and equipment. This position's responsibilities will include but not be limited to: resolving desktop issues, rolling out new computers, printers, and mobile devices, coordinating basic user technical training, and assisting with IT projects. This position will report to the Director of MIS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and perform troubleshooting to hardware, software, peripheral equipment, A/V, and security camera following design or installation specifications;
- Provide technical support and assistance to onsite and remote users by responding to IT related requests;
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software;
- Manage, install, and troubleshoot LAN and internet connectivity, including router, switch, and ethernet cabling;
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support;
- Prepare and provide user training on the proper use of applications and programs, specifically with Microsoft Office 365 programs;
- Manage multiple Cisco Meraki security networks, routers, and switches.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job duties indicated are not exhaustive, and other job-related duties may be assigned as required by the supervisor(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of two years of information technology-related experience, which include troubleshooting end users' requests related to software and hardware issues;
- Experience in solving connectivity and other network issues across LAN and WAN.
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Google Chrome OS
- Experience with Office 365 administration.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Highly adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a demanding work environment, and a positive attitude and willingness to be part of a team and work independently are highly desirable.
- Must pass a criminal background, child abuse, and neglect registry clearance and other screening requirements including health assessment, Tuberculosis test, and drugs test;
- Support all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow;
- Ability to conduct basic training classes for technical and non-technical users in support procedures;
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve routine software, hardware, and network problems;
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance;
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and composed under stressful situations;
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity;
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands; and
- Occasional lifting (up to 75 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying; and
- Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard measurements).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
U.S Comm for Refuge
AddressFair Oaks, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?