Radiology Certified Dental Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
U.M. FDSP Associates, P.A. is a non-profit corporation based in the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. The purpose of UM FDSP is to engage in the practice of dentistry for patients of the School of Dentistry, to improve the quality of dental education at the School through the operation and maintenance of dental service. UM FDSP assists the school in remaining competitive with other dental schools in order to continue the high degree of excellence in the pursuit of academic and clinical education. In addition, UM FDSP administers and operates the student clinics of the school and provides for a responsive and cost-effective administrative organization and information system as a means of ensuring high quality management and accountability in the accomplishment of previously described purposes. We offer paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and 12 Federal paid holidays. Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance benefits. We also offer 401K with an employer match up to six percent. Hours of operation are Monday thru Friday with no weekends.
Under direct supervision by a licensed dentist, perform general chair side and clinical functions related to patient dental care, as permitted by the Maryland COMAR regulation.
- Performs intra-oral rinsing and aspiration procedure.
- Retracts oral tissues including lips, cheeks, tongue, and flaps.
- Places and removes materials for isolation of the dentition, provided the material is not retained by the dentition.
- Checks for loose bands.
- Provides oral hygiene instructions to patients.
- Performs intra-oral photography. Exposes and process dental radiographs.
- Taking impressions for mouth guards or diagnostic casts.
- Orders, receives, and maintains inventory of clinical supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and maintains clinic equipment. Cleans up disposable supplies after a procedure.
- May enter data or schedule follow-ups as needed.
- Performs infection control procedures. Set-up disposable barriers; uses proper handling techniques for sharps.
- Applying topical anesthesia.
- Curing by the use of halogen light.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Thorough knowledge of the principles of dental assisting theory, technique, and practice.
Skill in procedures using sit-down four-handed dentistry techniques.
Skill in the use of dental instruments and equipment.
Ability to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Required EducationHigh school diploma or general education degree (GED); one years' related experience. Related education may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
To be considered for this position all candidates must possess the Maryland State Radiology license and must have an active CPR certification. Candidates that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
Employees in this job class must be CPR certified. Employees in this job class must also meet and maintain Maryland State requirements for dental radiography.
Employees in this job class may be required to receive immunization to prevent illness due to exposure to blood borne pathogens.
The schedule will be determined by your direct supervisor
salary is commensurate with experience
U.M. FDSP Associates, P.A.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?