Technician, R&D Formulation 3
- Posted: over a month ago
1200 Airport Road, North Brunswick NJ
Formulator, R&D 1
Research & Development
Director, Research & Development
FLSA (Exempt or Non-Exempt
The R&D Formulator will research, develop, and optimize product formulations for various brands and products. This position will support the R&D team by completing research projects including conducting formulation evaluation and analytical characterization of products.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work within R&D and Operations teams to troubleshoot technical, formulation, processing issues during product development and commercialization.
- Work with Purchasing team and R&D Directors to generate new formulation, sourcing new/existing raw material for cost analysis and feasibility of formulation.
- Maintain accurate project information, formulations, and specifications.
- Collaborate with the QA department in development of proper documentation for new formula and product develop projects.
- Hands-on experience or knowledge operating manufacturing process equipment such as Tablet Press, Encapsulator, Coating Pans, Granulator, Freeze Bed Dryer, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Responsibilities Including Safety:
- Works in a safe and responsible manner to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
- Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
Education & Qualification:
- BS in Chemistry, Nutrition/Dietetics, Food Science, or related field required.
- 1-3 years R&D related experience in the dietary supplement, nutritional, food &/or beverage, or pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity with good manufacturing practices (GMP's)and Regulations for 21CFR
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials:
Skills & Ability
- Bi-Lingual in either Chinese or Hindi is a plus.
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgment
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
- Ability to interact effectively with different departments and with all levels of management
- Must know MS Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Syspro, SAP)
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with domestic and international vendors
- Understand elements of Marketing, Manufacturing and R&D and their respective strategies
Physical Requirements (lifting, etc.):
- The employee is frequently required to sit (50%), stand, and walk (50%) at a lab bench.
- Uses hands to finger, handle or feel writing tools and computer keyboard
- Reaches with hands and arms and infrequently may lift up to 30lbs
- Uses desk telephone/cell phone to talk and hear or converses with other employees
- Must be able to wear all PPE including a lab coat, face mask, booties, gloves, safety glasses/goggles
Work Environment (Office, Warehouse, temperature extremes, etc.):
- Work is regularly performed inside a laboratory environment where temperatures can be moderate, exposure to dust, odors, noise, and fumes. The noise level is usually moderate. Employees can be exposed daily to chemicals and cleaning agents.
- Occasionally walks through warehouse or manufacturing workplace and will be required to wear appropriate PPE for each work area
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
U S Pharma Lab Inc
AddressNorth Brunswick, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at U S Pharma Lab Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?