Service Desk Analyst
Tyto Athene Ashburn, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Service Desk Analyst
Tyto Athene is an IT services and solutions company that provides mission-focused digital transformation to enhance the client experience and enable them to achieve desired outcomes. A full-service systems integrator, Tyto Athene offers a wide range of network services and solutions including the design, installation, and support of Hybrid Cloud-based Enterprise Unified Communications, Voice, 5G and NextGen Infrastructure. Tyto Athene has over fifty years of experience supporting Federal State and Local Governments across the United States and around the globe.
Tyto Athene has an opening for a Service Desk Analyst I:
The Service Desk Analyst I serves as the first point of contact for our Company and our customers’ day to day IT related requests in a 24/7/365 call center environment. This position could support one, or both, of the client’s TSD (Technical Service Desk) tier 1 or ASD (Account Service Desk for Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) application) tier 2 environments providing Analyst I level support.
Primary job functions include providing high level customer service to resolve all first level IT related issues, isolates problems, determine and implement solutions as well as diagnosis and dispatch to additional support staff. Qualified candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and have strong customer service skills. This position handles requests for support relating to the remote access and repair of personal computers, printers, servers, related systems and access to these systems.
The role is classified as “Essential.” A brief explanation: Adverse Weather Emergency Employees, [who may be referred to by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and/or other Government Agencies/Activities by other terms], are those employees who perform essential duties which insure the continuity of vital Medical functions, public and Agency safety functions, national defense functions or other critical operations/functions that are required to continue regardless of weather conditions.
- Provide remote technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to email messages, web inquiries, and or phone calls for customers seeking help
- Logs all request into the Government tracking system (Remedy)
- Adds new users to the network and specifies their directory structures and system access, password resets, troubleshoots network usage and peripheral issues, resolves LAN connectivity issues and maintains LAN and internet connections
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, assists users with desktop applications and provides user training
- Utilizes support applications to track user requests from trouble ticket generation to resolution
- Escalates problems to other network or system support personnel when a problem is not easily identified and corrected in a timely manner
- Provides first-level telephone, email, and web support for computer systems, which may include software, hardware, and telecommunication systems
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur
Clearance: Must pass a DHS/CBP background investigation
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent listening skills
- Working knowledge of basic hardware and software systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Basic remote troubleshooting skills and the use of remote troubleshooting applications
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to multitask
- Multilingual (Spanish, English) a plus
Education and work experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in Computer or IT related area of study or equivalent preferred
- One to two years industry experience, support center or helpdesk preferred
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) preferred
- A+ Certification preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
TechnologyView all jobs at Tyto Athene