Program Manager (Secret)
- Posted: over a month ago
About Tyto Athene
Tyto is an IT services and solutions company that provides mission-focused digital transformation to enhance the client experience and enable them to achieve desired outcomes. Tyto’s services and solutions embody its domain expertise in four major Technology domains: Network Modernization, Hybrid Cloud, Cyber Security, and Enterprise IT. Tyto offers a broad range of service delivery models at scale including EFIS&T projects, Managed Services, and ‘As-a-Service’. With over fifty years of experience, Tyto supports Defense, Intelligence, Space, National Security, Civilian, Health and Public Safety clients across the United States and around the globe.
Tyto is seeking a Program Manager for a complex, multi-year contract to modernize mission-critical DoD IT infrastructure across several sites. Responsible for the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted program/project typically consisting of a set of closely related subprograms or associated activities. Oversees fiscal, operational, administrative, and human resources management of the program; serves as the principal point of representation and liaison with external constituencies on operational matters and provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise.
The Program Manager acts as the primary and accountable point of contact for the customer. The PM will define, plans, manage and report on contractual requirements and overall performance of their program, providing fiscal, operational, administrative, and human resources oversight.
- Apply knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and advanced scheduling techniques to ensure multiple, simultaneous, and inter-related projects at disparate locations are completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinate Tyto and Subcontractor Teammates in the delivery of customer requirements.
- Supervise program upgrades as needed in accordance with requirements.
- Oversee documentation of design challenges and coordinate courses of action with local Government customers and permitting authorities to support comprehensive engineering approval to support a subsequent implementation.
- Provides program team leadership and has overall responsibility for ensuring successful management of the program the customer.
- Serves as the primary customer point of contact within the organization. Coordinates with the customer to ensure all program objectives and expectations are aligned and executable.
- Works to resolve conflicts among the team, including the customer; aligns expectations, and develops both short term and long-term plans to lead the program to its successful conclusion.
- Ensures program team understands and has appropriate resources to meet and verify all contractual requirements (cost, technical, schedule) to include performance, quality, regulatory compliance, etc., develops the program plan with the team and conducts regular program reviews, to report and track performance to the plan.
- Fosters team development, encouraging leadership behaviors from all project team members and sharing ownership for the outcomes.
- Provides program direction during all phases of the program to accomplish cost, and schedule objectives and proactively works with the team and customer to address and mitigate the impact of unplanned events (failures, realized risks, material issues, etc.) on the organization and customer.
- Achieves operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying, tracking, and managing risks; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Translates understanding of customer mission and objectives into company/account strategic goals; provides input to the company's strategic planning process and recommends/leads new business pursuits and/or possible expansions.
- Monitors practices and processes to guide the implementation of compliance and improvement strategies improvement.
- Utilizes available information, metrics, and evaluations to develop recommendations for change.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance with TOP SECRET eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management/Business, or equivalent.
- 10 or more years of experience managing IT projects of similar scope and complexity including 3 years’ experience managing network engineering type projects.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience with MS Project, Primavera, or an equivalent scheduling tool
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and defend design rationales.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
BusinessView all jobs at Tyto Athene