Tyto Athene (formerly Black Box Government Solutions) is a full service integrator focused on helping clients to accelerate their ability to make decisions by providing ubiquitous and secure access to enterprise information throughout their operating environment. Tyto Athene uses a myriad of technologies, innovative thinking, and proven processes to deliver successful outcomes for its clients worldwide. Tyto Athene is seeking a certified and/or experienced Nortel/Avaya Meridian 1/Communication Server 1000 technician who will be responsible for the advanced programming and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Nortel/Avaya M1/CS1000 product line for the Department of Energy.
The Switch Technician is responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Meridian 1/CS1000 PBX at the customer’s site. Other duties include coordinating installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1, and DSO); troubleshooting, upgrading, and administering multiple vendor systems; maintaining system applications; ensuring quality customer service; and providing support to a varied user community; updating daily logs with site specific information; and composing clear and concise reports for customer documentation.
The Switch Technician is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled. Candidates must meet criteria to pass a background check and obtain a Department of Energy L Security Clearance.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum Associates degree, 2 year technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience plus electronics training in one or more of the following fields: telecommunications Nortel/Avaya M1 or CS1000 switching systems. Experience in LAN/WAN operations and IP connectivity is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice switch infrastructure experience including Nortel/Avaya M1 and CS1000; digital communications including: DS1, DS3, Fiber, ISDN; operating systems and applications including: Windows, MS Office; computer support experience including: PC hardware and configurations, troubleshooting; power experience including, DC distribution systems, troubleshooting; and telecom experience including: T1 and DACS. Familiarity with Federal customers is a plus.
- Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
- Working knowledge of VoIP services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, stored program control, and power is required.
- Working knowledge of Meridian 1 and CS1000 PBX platforms.
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment is required.
- Experience and knowledge of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1, and DSO) is required.
- Strong programming and computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously is required.
- Must be a US citizen with a valid passport.
- Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- The ability to pass a background check and obtain a Department of Energy L clearance is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran