- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Network Specialist
Location: Andersen AFB, Guam
After several strategic acquisitions in 2021, Tyto Athene has experienced enormous opportunity and growth. Aside from being the leading provider of mission-focused IT and Cyber services and solutions to critical U.S. government agencies, Tyto is well-positioned to meet the growing demand for network modernization requirements across the federal enterprise.
Our employees are the key to the innovation that has made Tyto a success. We provide an environment that is geared to reward creativity, innovation, and teamwork. If you would like to unleash your potential and your career – it’s time to join Team Tyto!
What You Will Be Doing
The Network Specialist ensures that the Department of Defense (DoD) Defense Health Agency (DHA) LAN/WAN provides all required services, by supporting the network infrastructure with on-site troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Provides daily operational support for the LAN core and edge switches across the medical network campus
- Resolves technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model utilizing diagnostic and network administration tools
- Provides overall network infrastructure support to routing and switching equipment, firewalls, and associated cabling
- Plans, installs, and supports hardware and software upgrades, and resolves associated technical issues
- Clear understanding of OSI Model Layers 1-3, to include TCP/IP, VTP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, routing protocols, and EIA/TIA cable standards
- Must be familiar with firewall and VPN technologies
- Strong network experience maintaining switches and routers, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN problems
- Good knowledge of general security methodologies
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline and 3 years related experience, or;
- Completion of certification program at a technical or vocational school and 8 years related experience
- Compliance with DoD Directive 8570.01 “Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management required
- Security+ CE certification required
- Current CCNA, or Juniper/Brocade equivalent, desired
- DoD and/or medical network experience preferred
About Tyto Athene
Tyto is an IT services and solutions company that provides mission-focused digital transformation to enhance the client experience and enable them to achieve desired outcomes. Tyto’s services and solutions embody its domain expertise in four major Technology domains: Network Modernization, Hybrid Cloud, Cyber Security, and Enterprise IT. Tyto offers a broad range of service delivery models including design/install projects, Managed Services, and ‘As-a-Service’. With over fifty years of experience, Tyto supports Defense, Intelligence, Space, National Security, Civilian, Health and Public Safety clients across the United States and around the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
TechnologyView all jobs at Tyto Athene