Military Intelligence Data Analyst (Allied & Partner)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tyto Athene has an opening for a Mid-level Military (Allied & Partner) Intelligence Data Analyst to take on a supporting role as part of a larger team providing analytic support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Cost Analysis and Program Evaluation, Joint Data Support. The work location is at the Mark Center, Alexandria, VA. This position may require travel throughout the National Capital Region. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, is a team player and can demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills. Not only will you be working in a team environment with other government and contractor analysts and possess strong communication, analytic and technical skills but you will be a part of a collaborative effort driving successful results.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Involved in all aspects of the analytical process. This will include:
- Identification, collection, development, management, interpretation and dissemination of current-year and future-year U.S. allied and partner data to include readiness, exercises, and training data in support of collaborative study teams.
- Research a wide variety of possible data sources to provide force structure and strategic planning customers with data and/or datasets about forces and capabilities and positively interact with customers to include the Joint Staff, OSD, and the COCOMs.
- Support the DoD Analytical Support to Force Planning (ASFP) Studies and Analysis by providing data sources, data and data analysis as required to support ASFP scenarios, CONOPS/Forces, baselines, studies, and analyses.
- Provide validated intelligence data from the U.S Intelligence Community (IC), and other sources, by identifying, collecting, researching, developing, interpreting, managing, and disseminating current-year and future-year non-U.S. data (force structure, order of battle; equipment; doctrine; strategy; and tactics, techniques, and procedures) for the collaborative study teams supporting studies and analyses directed by the Department’s senior leadership.
- Construct and maintain databases.
- Apply data analysis techniques and can present results to senior level customers as well as peer team members
- Be a team player, demonstrating excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Use collaboration tools to enhance communications.
- Formulate and present reports and briefings and facilitate meetings.
- Be comfortable responding to short notice taskers for senior level customers.
- Security Clearance – Active DoD Secret
- 8 or more years of relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with 5 years or relevant experience
- Degree in Intelligence Analysis, Computer Science, Operations Research International Affairs, Political Science, History, or related Social Science area.
- Understanding of non-U.S. air and air defense forces, cruise, and ballistic missile systems, and space/counterspace forces (force structure; units and unit hierarchy; equipment; doctrine; strategy; tactics, techniques and procedures, and missions and capabilities) and the U.S. intelligence community structure.
- Familiarity with other U.S. and/or non-U.S. Military Forces (force structure; units and unit hierarchy; equipment; readiness, training, exercises, doctrine; strategy; tactics, techniques and procedures, and missions and capabilities).
- Experience combining data sources, architecting data stores, and collaborating with data science teams and building solutions.
- Demonstrated abilities (preferably 3 or more years) supporting government efforts and working on teams (with government and contractor representatives from across the DoD Components) conducting operations and research analysis.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop and present briefings to senior DoD officials or other senior leadership groups.
- High level of experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software; database software experience strongly preferred in MS Access: writing queries, developing reports, developing database structures, and normalizing disparate data sets; Microsoft Excel and MS Access is a plus: creating pivot tables and using power functions; and Oracle Business Intelligence: creating queries, pivot tables, reports, and graphics.
- Experience in Tableau, Qlik, a plus.
- Experience handling classified materials.
- Security Clearance – Active DoD Top Secret with SCI.
- Military experience.
- Experience working in the Joint Staff, OSD, or a Combatant Command.
- Work experience and knowledge in the U.S. Intelligence Community, service intelligence center (NASIC, etc.), or one of the national/COCOM intelligence centers analyzing military forces is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
TechnologyView all jobs at Tyto Athene