Tyto Athene Alexandria, VA
- Expired: April 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tyto Athene is an IT services and solutions company that provides mission-focused digital transformation to enhance the client experience and enable them to achieve desired outcomes. A full-service systems integrator, Tyto Athene offers a wide range of network services and solutions including the design, installation, and support of Hybrid Cloud-based Enterprise Unified Communications, Voice, 5G and NextGen Infrastructure. Tyto Athene has over fifty years of experience supporting Federal State and Local Governments across the United States and around the globe.
Tyto Athene has an opening for a Digital Librarian to take on a role as part of a team providing support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE), Joint Data Support (JDS). This position is located at the Mark Center, Alexandria, VA and may require travel to/rotational duty at the Pentagon and other offices in the National Capital Region. The successful candidate must have a strong work ethic, be a team player, and demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills. Individual must work well in a team environment with other government and contractor analysts, possess strong analytic and technical skills, and customer service abilities.
- Develop or apply techniques for automating information description, classification, and extraction. Develop business rules when automation can't be utilized.
- Understand and enforce security classification marking policies and taxonomies. Develop product release procedures based on classification and sponsor sensitivities.
- Ensure appropriate metadata capture across product lines to facilitate efficient website navigation and discoverability of products.
- Analyze and synthesize website download information to provide insights and advice to support decisions on content.
- Identify sources and strategies for content capture and identify issues associated with sharing content across the DoD. Create courses of action to facilitate issue resolution.
- Collaborate with programmers on website design, development, and maintenance.
- Lead website quality control efforts.
- Develop questionnaires for website customer engagement. Create and distribute website performance analysis and reports.
- Based on user perspectives, provide advice on JDS website repositories and associated business processes for packaging, posting, and dissemination of products.
- Provide advice on hosting data and study products on JDS Websites, as well as the use of access controls and permission groups to promote data source and customer interaction with JDS and JDS products, tools, and methodologies.
- Support quick response papers/briefings/slides and scripted senior leadership briefings/slides related to the Digital Librarian role.
- Security Clearance - Active DoD Secret.
- Bachelor's degree in Library Science, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, Financial Management, or related fields.
- Eight (8) years of experience in the field of Library Science, federal personnel, manpower, logistics, operations, acquisition, security, or other relevant functional area. Advanced degree may substitute for five (5) years of experience.
- Education-Equivalency of 12 years of experience.
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Experience working with website development and quality control, to include knowledge of search mechanisms, metadata collection, and navigation systems.
- Experience with customer relationship management.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop papers and present briefings.
- Issue resolution skills.
- Desired skills, experience, education: Master's degree in Library Science or related field. An active Top Secret with SCI clearance (polygraph not required). Pentagon knowledge. Project management experience or certification. Experience handling classified materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
GovernmentView all jobs at Tyto Athene