Tyto Athene Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tyto Athene is an IT services and solutions company that provides mission-focused digital transformation to enhance the client experience and enable them to achieve desired outcomes. A full-service systems integrator, Tyto Athene offers a wide range of network services and solutions including the design, installation, and support of Hybrid Cloud-based Enterprise Unified Communications, Voice, 5G and NextGen Infrastructure. Tyto Athene has over fifty years of experience supporting Federal State and Local Governments across the United States and around the globe.
The Contracts Specialist will join a team of dedicated Contracts professionals who (a) collectively manage the hundreds of millions of dollars which comprise Tyto Athene, LLC's contract awards, (b) own the direct-touch relationships with our Government and prime contracting counterparts, (c) partner with Operations to oversee cradle-to-grave negotiation and execution of subcontracts thereunder, and (d) leverage this experience to provide insight and analysis to the Sales organization for new business pursuits.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual contributor, someone who thrives on complexity, possesses exceptional people skills, swift and sound business judgment, and superb attention to detail.
He or she is professional in all situations, but possesses an ability to speak truth to power, enabled by a confidence in one’s knowledge, research, and experience, with the ultimate objective of being a consensus builder.
The Contracts team uniquely sits at the intersection of Sales, Operations, and Finance and is called upon constantly to perceive and balance the business’s priorities at any given time, and assist with navigating process to get things done. To this end, the Contracts Specialist must be an outstanding communicator who keeps our “internal customers” also in mind.
Daily responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Oversight and administration of 5-10 assigned major contract or subcontract awards, including representation of Tyto as the first line of defense to numerous external customers.
Drafting, negotiation, and execution of a diverse range of business to business agreements, including Non-Disclosure, Teaming, Consultant, Reseller, Subcontract, and other types. Expert at redlining legal documents and facilitating any edits while ensuring Tyto’s interests are protected.
Close communication and partnership with Operations on all project execution and program management matters with contractual impact.
Providing contractual expertise, risk analysis, and strategy assistance to the Sales team (Business Development, Proposals, Pricing, Engineering) on 3-5 assigned major future opportunity pursuits.
Problem solving contractual matters which arise in the normal course of business.
Mentorship and cross training of other Contracts team members.
Support to the Director, Contracts as backup for management responsibilities and approvals.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience. JD not required but attorneys with relevant experience also welcome to apply.
- 3-5 Years experience in a government contracts, subcontracts, and/or similar business advisory role.
- Subject Matter Expert in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFAR, DEAR
- Should have experience with Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Reimbursable (CR) contract types
- Must be completely proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe PDF, and be savvy with databases and online portals of all kinds.
- Strength in Excel data analysis and pivot tables a plus
- Must be capable of passing a basic background investigation
- Must be a US citizen
- Must already possess or be able to gain a U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and orally.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Tyto AtheneWhy Work Here?
Tyto Athene offers a great work/life balance as well as an environment most employees strive to be apart of
Tyto Athene is a full-service systems integrator focused on giving clients the ability to make timely decisions by providing secure access to enterprise information throughout their operating environment. Tyto Athene uses a range of technologies, innovative thinking, and proven processes to deliver successful outcomes for clients worldwide.