Tyto Athene is a full service integrator focused on helping clients accelerate their ability to make decisions by providing ubiquitous and secure access to enterprise information throughout their operating environment. Tyto Athene uses a myriad of technologies, innovative thinking, and proven processes to deliver successful outcomes for its clients worldwide.
Tyto Athene is seeking a certified and/or experienced Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Engineer to work in the Tyto Athene Oak Ridge, TN location.
The CUCM Engineer reports directly to the Program Manager and is responsible for the advanced programming and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager product line at the Department of Energy (DoE) Oak Ridge, TN location. This includes but is not limited to: database provisioning, application provisioning, routing provisioning and alarm clearing.
The Engineer is also responsible for the engineering, design and implementation of complex unified communication solutions and upgrades.
The Engineer is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled. Additionally, the CUCM Engineer is responsible for the development of system and infrastructure related documentation, including Configuration Management related documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Candidates must meet criteria to pass a background check, drug screening, and obtain a DoE Security Clearance.
- Integration familiarity to include Unity Connection (Voice Mail).
- Coordinating, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1 PRI, SIP and DS0).
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and administering multiple vendor systems.
- Support, operate, and maintain the current Cisco VoIP infrastructure to include any future system enhancements or upgrades.
- Perform lifecycle maintenance of the hardware and software of Cisco system according to manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Composing clear and concise reports for customer documentation and project related documentation.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Systems or Business discipline or 3 years or greater direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in programming and maintenance of Cisco CUCM and subtending systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice switch infrastructure experience including switching, routing, Quality of Service, digital communications including: DS1,
DS3, Fiber, PRI/ISDN; Cisco products consisting of Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Call Center, Presence, Telepresence and Unity or Unity Connections.
- Strong knowledge of Linux is required.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and word processing are required.
- Strong knowledge of IP Subnetting, QoS and IPV4/IPV6 model is required.
- Strong knowledge of routers and switch protocols is required.
- Current CCNA and/or CCNP certification in Collaboration, Routing and Switching or Security.
- Capable of working effectively with co-workers and fulfill customer requests.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Additional work hours beyond normal duty hours may be necessary, at times, to complete the weekly workload based upon the discretion of the supervisor.
- On-call availability during off-hours in the event of service problems with the system.
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate and present complex technical information to a varied audience, including technical and non-technical customer representatives.
- Effective time management to allow for involvement in special task order projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Fostering of excellent relations with the Customer and the Team on behalf of Tyto.
- Follow established guidelines set forth by the Customer, Tyto, and the supervisor for conduct and work performance.
- Isolate system problems and malfunctions; take timely corrective action to meet conditions of the contract.
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours and possibly holidays is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- The ability to pass a background check and obtain a Department of Energy security clearance is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran