We are currently looking for a Substitute Teacher who has at least two years of experience working with children 2 months to 6 years of age in a child care environment.
Candidate should have:
· A four year degree in ECE or related field
· An Associate's degree and/or a CDA
- Ability to provide developmentally appropriate activities to foster children's growth and development.
· The ability to listen and interact with others (children, parents, co-workers, and Center Management)
· Ability to communicate ideas orally and written in English so others will understand.
· Willingness to continue training in ECE related topics and specifically in areas that will directly benefit the children in your care.
· Ability to be an appropriate role model for children in the classroom and staff - ensuring the behavior you demonstrate sets the tone for the expectations of staff you work with in the classroom and the children in your care.
The ability to:
· Provide a proven track record for great interpersonal skills with children, staff and parents
· Ability to teach appropriate lessons per the classroom guidelines, sing and interact with young children.
· Provide parents with accurate and timely information about their child
· Work cohesively with staff to ensure teamwork in the classroom
· Understand licensing requirements as it applies to children in a day care environment
· Lift children weighing up to 50 pounds,
· Make eye contact with children at their level, and bend and move appropriately to interact with children during course of day.
We offer an excellent hourly wage and extensive benefits that include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, short term disability, paid company holidays and flexible spending accounts for full time employees. We also offer a 401 k plan and discounted child care.