Here at Typsy we create bite-sized training videos using only world-class instructors! That's right, we hire professionals who are experts in the hospitality industry in topics including service, marketing, business, management, and food and beverage.
Hospitality groups across the globe use Typsy videos to train their staff and we work with some of the largest names in hospitality including Hyatt, Radisson, Melia Hotels, Hong Kong Polytechnic, Emirates Academy, Florida International University, and Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne. Our videos are also closed-captioned into multiple languages, making them easily accessible to people worldwide. This means our featured experts have the ability to make a global impact with their knowledge and expertise.
Still want to know more about us? Check out our Welcome to Typsy Video.
Pretty cool right?? Well, we are always looking for professionals who share in our vision of enhancing the way our industry trains staff. We are looking for our next featured expert to jump in front of the camera and collaborate with us on building an engaging and useful training video for that next generation.
If you are an expert in Front Desk management and have worked in luxury hotels or have worked for a company that provides front desk training for luxury hotels, this could be for you!
Qualifications we are looking for:
Minimum 10 years+ working in front office for luxury hotels.
We are looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of front desk management in luxury hotels and has lead many trainings for staff in this department.
We're not asking for any company secrets, but we are looking for someone who is willing to share the fundamentals of the front desk in a video.
Storytelling ability. Having expertise is one thing, but we are looking for someone who is passionate about presenting their information on camera in a fun and engaging way.
Credibility. We pride ourselves on having some of the world's best industry professionals on our platform. In addition to having the experience, we are looking for those who have industry recognition. You must have peer recognition, awards, association affiliates, media presence, or something similar.
What is required of you:
- Content writing - Each Typsy course consists of 8-10 lessons. As the subject expert, you would be required to write the training material. Supporting you in the process would be a Typsy Learning Designer, who will guide your writing. This will help you package it up to be a course ready for filming day.
- Availability- We work with a 12-week schedule to design, try, and test the course content. This includes 2 short planning meetings, 3 purposeful rehearsals, 1 pre-production meeting, and of course, filming day.
- Flexibility - We want you to be successful and enjoy the experience of sharing your content and bringing it to life on camera. We ask for flexibility when working with our talent coach to ensure great delivery of your content.
- Access to your venue (if relevant) - In order to make the course as authentic as possible, we may require a venue that you have access to or a relationship with for the filming day. It is not a dealbreaker if you do not have a venue suitable for filming front desk duties, but it is an absolute bonus.
What we offer:
- Flexibility - This is a one-time, paid, freelance project and you are able to work from home!
- Free Typsy access - You will be given a login to our site that will allow you to browse all of our video content. Feel like learning all about champagne so you can impress your friends at your next dinner party? Done!
- Marketing materials - We capture footage of you that we use to create a bio video and promo video. We use this for our marketing but we also send them to you so you can share with your friends, family, clients, online network, etc.
- Exposure - Your video and profile are suggested to all users on our platform in over 60 different countries and we are set to grow to 100,000 users by the end of this year. Your content will be seen by staff and managers at hospitality companies who are well known and you truly have the ability to make an impact in our industry.
- Guidance - We have an incredible team that is here to support you. We have a learning designer who will help you create training that works best for online learning and will also have a talent coach who will help you communicate to camera with emotion, passion, and conviction!
- Fun! - Not everyone has the opportunity to share their knowledge with the world and not everyone gets to work on a project in front of a professional film crew. It's an exciting experience and we make sure you have fun at every step of the way!