Facility Security Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for supervising and directing security measures necessary for implementing security requirements in accordance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) procedures and corporate security policies.
- Ensures compliance with corporate security policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with government security requirements, the National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM), and corporate security policies.
- Conducts and documents annual corporate security self-inspections, reviewing core security processes for compliance.
- Serve as primary COMSEC custodian and maintain COMSEC equipment inventories and associated responsibilities.
- Manages corporate compliance with annual Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Comprehensive Security Review (CSR).
- Participates in the corporate Insider Threat Program, tracks and documents incidents, and attend meetings with the Insider Threat Team.•
- Assists Corporate FSO creating DD254's for DoD contracts and is responsible for related security guidance.
- Administers DISS activities including processing clearances, reviewing SF86's, submitting visit requests, and reporting adverse incidents.
- Verifies security clearance status for visitors and potential new employees, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Assists Corporate FSO with updates to corporate security plans, procedures, and policies.
- Updates NISS Facility profile.
- Tracks and initiates periodic reinvestigations for employees.
- Provides guidance and instructions to employees to ensure any event, circumstance, or act that could be considered a breach of security is reported immediately
- Assists in maintaining security education programs including initial security and insider threat training and annual security and insider threat refresher training as required by NISPOM and customers.
- Documents personal and official foreign travel by personnel and provides defensive briefings prior to travel and debriefings, as required.
- Documents and reports adverse information, changes in personnel status, and other reporting requirements through appropriate channels.
- Maintains certifications and accreditation of the facilities; manages physical security of facilities
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 or more years as a Facility Security Officer or related experience
- Well versed in the NISPOM and Government security requirements
- Experience with DISS and NISS
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Outstanding organization and interpersonal customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should be well organized with a keen eye for detail and possess time management skills
- Self-starter and be able to work independently
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with Access Commander helpful but not mandatory
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
- On occasion must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions
Equal Opportunity Employer/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Tyonek Native Corporation
Real EstateView all jobs at Tyonek Native Corporation