Aircraft Worker - Sheetmetal
Tyonek Native Corporation Cherry, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Aircraft Worker - Sheetmetal works under journeyman supervision and shall assist in the repair, manufacture, and modification of aircraft, components, and/or assemblies for assigned models of aircraft
- Assists Artisans in the repair, manufacture, and modification of aircraft, components, and/or assemblies for assigned models of aircraft as well as incorporate TDs.
- Forms sheet metal using basic hand and power tools
- Sets up and operates power saws; shears, rollers, and brakes
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting
- Uses measuring and marking equipment
- Uses basic hand tools such as drills, snips, squares, mallets, hammers, wrenches, files, countersinks, and deburring tools
- Uses pneumatic drills, rivets, shavers, impact wrenches, and other pneumatic and electrically powered tools.
- Adheres to tolerances of plus or minus .030.
- Other Duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer experience from military fixed wing community H- 1, H-53, V-22, AV-8, F/A-18, F-35 or civilian heavy structure background
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the aviation industry
- Basic knowledge of aviation theory, maintenance and related hand tools and equipment
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a National Agency background check, which could include a criminal history and credit check for access to Government facilities.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro