Night Team Leader/Manager at OPIE Grocery Stations, Inc.
- Posted: over a month ago
Join us in building the future of grocery. We’re seeking leaders who enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced team environment and seek to lead with kindness, humility, and a friendly spirit.
We sell the highest quality groceries from our drive-thru grocery stations, allowing customers to spend less time shopping and more time enjoying life.
We offer teammates an exciting and cutting-edge work environment, where leadership and innovation are rewarded. Joining Team OPIE is an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow with us.
Position Type: Full-Time Night Team Leader / Manager
Availability: 10 PM - 6 AM
Starting Wage: $15 - $18/hr. Based on experience. Opportunities to be salaried or hourly.
OPIE offers competitive wages and benefits, OPIE Team Leaders receive:
- Two days off each week
- Store performance bonuses
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Training
- OPIE Academy; top-performing team leaders have the opportunity to open a new OPIE store and share in the profits.
- College scholarships
- A fun, friendly, and supportive leadership team
Team Leader Role:
- Oversee and assist in regular store operations, including scheduling, store payroll, product ordering, inventory counts, and training new clerks on the OPIE Comet System.
- Ensure teammates adhere to inventory procedures, product handling guidelines, and safety policies.
- Identify and corrects hazards, ensuring teammates' safety, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
- Provide product feedback, including recommendations regarding new items to carry.
- Track team milestones, developments, and concerns.
- Ensures the quality and freshness of products.
At OPIE we believe in the motto: “everyone bags groceries.” We seek team leaders who have a desire to lead with kindness and humility. Team leaders are expected to inspire teamwork and model the OPIE “Swell Attitude” for teammates. The ideal team leader meets the following:
- Leadership experience
- 2-3+ years working experience
- Attention to detail
- Proven record of training and development
- Ability to operate grocery technology efficiently and accurately
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, stacker, and cardboard baler
- Strong work ethic to promote the business toward continued growth
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages
- Willing and able to work in a physically demanding role. Including the ability to stock merchandise from receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 50 pounds, on shelving at various heights, and regularly stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk around the store.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Grocery Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Prior night operation experience (Preferred)
OPIE believes that one of America’s most beautiful promises is equal opportunity for all. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage all who meet minimum requirements and conditions to apply regardless of race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, pregnancy, military status, physical or mental impairment, or medical condition and any other protected characteristics. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
AddressMount Pleasant, SC
RetailView all jobs at Tyler Sones