- Expired: May 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Purpose: Support financial operations by performing complex accounting services related to preparing, analyzing, maintaining, and verifying various annual reports, financial statements, records, and reports, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly general and standard journal entries, income and balance sheet statements, account reconciliations, cost reports and various other accounting statements and reports; provide interpretation of results as appropriate.
- Prepare federal, state, and other regulatory reports, ensuring compliance with established guidelines; keep informed of governmental regulations and procedures affecting the agencys finance and accounting procedures.
- Prepare grant budgets, monthly invoices/reimbursement requests, and periodic financial reporting as required by funders.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, updating as needed.
- Produce financial statements and compare budgeted to actuals.
- Evaluate expense allocations for reasonableness and maintain allocation tables.
- Own and maintain the general ledger.
- Reconcile patient billing system to financial accounting system and prepare reimbursement analysis.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to accounting of reserves, assets and/or expenditures as appropriate.
- Recommend changes in operations and financial activities and generate financial procedures for improvement.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Research and resolve problems pertaining to financial reporting systems, ensuring compliance with Tykes & Teens policies and procedures.
- Assist in training new team members; serve as a resource to supporting accounting team with respect to account reconciliations, journal entries, financial statements and reports.
- Prepare schedules for auditing and assist with the yearly audit.
- Oversee and supervise the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Budget analysis, revisions, projections, etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and V and H lookups (now X lookups).
- Statistical reporting and analysis, including graphics in Excel.
- Skilled at using accounting software, specifically Sage Intacct.
- Ability to work independently and have excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for problem-solving and not afraid of new challenges.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences and formats
- Supervisory and active listening skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college with a major in Accounting, Business or a directly related field. Minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience. Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
Powered by JazzHR
Tykes & Teens
AddressPalm City, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Tykes & Teens