Job Description: WIOA Career Advisor/Case Manager ($36,000+ DOE)
Full-Time, 40 hours per week, salaried position. Job is 8:00a-5:00p but will also involve extended hours outside of the normal to include possible weekend hours.
Job Location: Cleveland, McDowell, or Rutherford County NCWorks Career Center
The Career Advisor will work in an integrated service delivery network (DWS Staff and Partner Staff) to provide comprehensive services assisting individuals to locate suitable employment, improve workplace skills, develop individual service strategies, and provide career development services. The duties for the Career Advisor include the review, monitoring, and evaluation of program services to ensure compliance with federal legislation and state and local policy for the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Adult and Dislocated Worker services in an Integrated One Stop Delivery System.
Reports to Designated Team Lead (per location) (functionally)
Reports to the WIOA Supervisor/Quality Assurance (formally)
· Interviews clients to record and assess employment information to determine clients’ career development opportunities.
· Determines employers’ job requirements and refers qualified clients.
· Determines clients’ eligibility for employment programs and benefits and explains requirements of available services.
· Ensure proper eligibility documents in file and meet compliance with federal legislation and state and local policy for the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Adult and Dislocated Worker
· Determines the amount of supportive benefits services needed and explains available employment programs and resources.
· Verifies the satisfactory placement of clients with employers.
· Provides counseling and supporting services.
· Distributes information on agency functions, procedures, employment programs, and training to clients and employers.
· Maintains case management records.
· Follow up with client after placement up to 12 months.
· Accepts and processes applications for employment program services.
· Contacts employers to discuss ways to improve services and meet labor market needs more effectively.
· Conduct presentations to explain employment programs and services within different organizations and community.
· Investigate disputed determinations by gathering additional information to resolve differences or to establish fraudulent intent.
· Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
· Prefer BA/BS Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Counseling or Guidance, Accounting, or related business degree.
· Prefer two years successful experience in Guidance and Counseling or Employment Training Programs or an equivalent.
· Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates strong business acumen, high levels of detail-oriented work, related educational achievements/completions, and experience in customer service delivery or related.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of interviewing and assessment measures and procedures
· Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
· Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; with the ability to establish rapport with Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Adult and Dislocated Worker participants, employers, staff etc.
· Varied and relevant work experience and knowledge of community resources, labor market and employment services to individuals facing employment barriers
· Demonstrated knowledge of and capabilities using Microsoft Office Suite and online data maintenance systems.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently or as a team member, and complete objectives without direct supervision
· Effective verbal and listening communication skills
· Very effective organizational skills
· Effective written communication skills
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk; or hear. Finger dexterity is required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and distant vision. This description is a general statement of physical requirements performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical requirements of this position.