Director of Commercial Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT Two Dudes Painting Company
For more than 30 years, our dedicated team of 65+ individuals has worked together to provide unmatched service in the painting and decorating industry. As a growing organization, we see unique opportunities to continue to grow our kind of commitment to high quality customer focused work into an even larger market share in the residential and commercial industry. With a concentration on teamwork, innovation, creativity and safety, we've built strong relationships with homeowners, builders, general contractors and other commercial clients to serve all their needs. As a Certified B Corporation, we are dedicated to being mindful of our impact on the environment and community and committed to using our business as a force for good.
Director of Commercial Operations
The successful candidate will become an integral member of the team through immediate opportunities to manage a thriving and growing division of the organization. As direct manager of the production team, you will be charged with ensuring the completion of projects with infectious enthusiasm, effective motivation, unfailing integrity, and growing profitability to bolster client satisfaction and grow our presence both locally and in new emerging markets. Providing meaningful and insightful feedback and analysis of completed projects will help to ensure future growth and success both for the individual and the business. The role is responsible for all business operations within the division with the exception of sales and marketing. A staff of administrative and operational leaders support this role and the Director of Operations is charged with focusing their output, improving their systems and processes, and motivating all of them for peak performance. This individual will become a leader within the company, having a seat on the executive leadership team that develops and plans the overall strategic direction of the organization.
This role is critical to the future growth and success of the organization. We expect the business to double in size and capacity over the next 5 year(from $5+ million to $10+ million), and this position will be instrumental in the process. The ability to initiate and drive change, implement new systems and processes, and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit of progress and development will provide success for both the individual and the organization. You will be responsible for the consistent growth and profitability of your division.
As you grow this division your role will change to keep up. At first you will be doing all of the production supervision and management. As you grow, we expect you to hire and train a field supervisor and grow your role in business development and management. This is a big job, with high expectations for growth, management, and continuous improvement. This will include self-improvement and getting outside of your comfort zone to affect meaningful change in yourself as needed to keep up with increasing responsibility and managing increased complexity.
Director of Commercial Operations responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and enthusiastically supports and promotes the vision and values of Two Dudes Painting Company.
- Supports and enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for annual revenue and operating profit within your division of the organization.
- Responsible for leading the strategic growth and evolution of division.
- Manages, organizes, coordinates, and controls the Project Management functions of projects assigned.
- Refines and develops new systems focused on creating efficient, consistent, and predictable outcomes.
- Responsible for complete project documentation, including correspondence, change orders, and such.
- Evaluates aspects of operational costs and works towards reducing costs and expenses where possible without sacrificing safety or quality.
- Controls cost to maintain project budgets; identifies and eliminates unprofitable activities.
- Ensures accurate, complete, and timely completion of company reporting relative to purchasing, labor, safety, inspections, and project performance.
- Provides support for accurate and timely project billings.
- Provides on-site project support as required.
- Represents the company at job meetings with clients and general contractors and effectively voices concerns and/or opportunities for successful project completion. Promptly communicates meaningful meeting content throughout the organization as needed.
- Regularly analyzes actual project costs against budgeted costs for each project assigned, and when variances occur, determines cause(s) and takes necessary corrective action.
- Through personal example and leadership, maintains company reputation for outstanding client service and project quality.
Director of Commercial Operations - Skills and experience requirements
- Urgency, task management, prioritization.
- Ability to take ownership and find solutions.
- Strong reading, writing, and personal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and understand contract language, contract drawings, and contract specifications.
- Strong ability to plan, project and negotiate.
- Construction management experience preferred.
Key Result Area (KRAs)
- Culture - Related to the value and vision of the organization
- Safety - Related to the protection of workers, functional work environment, keeping employees free from injury or risk of injury
- Organizational structure - Related o aligning tasking into roles; right roles, right people
- Employee development and training - Related to giving feedback, encouraging growth and development, monitoring improvement, creating Individual Development Plans and Performance Improvement Plans
- Production targets - Monitoring and improving productivity related to pace and quality
- Service specifications - Related to quality standards, production rates and client satisfaction.
- Supply chain management - Related to preferred vendors for materials, equipment and sundries for all areas of operational production; managing the timely and accurate ordering and receiving of necessary supplies.
- Facility & equipment - Related to the physical resources available to the company
- Quality assurance/ Quality control - Related to service delivery standards, craftmanship standards, and process improvement.
- Logistics - Related to production targets, transportation of people, materials and equipment to jobsites, communication with team leaders and field supervisors
- Workflow integration -Related to alignment of tasks, responsibilities, and information from sale to completion of projects
- Profitability - Related to satisfactory execution of projects to delight the client, empower the employee and financially reward the business.
Director of Commercial Operations - compensation and benefits
- Annual Base Salary
- Highly Competitive with Construction Industry
- Comprehensive benefits plan, currently including: Health, Vision, short term disability, 3 weeks paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, paid volunteer time off
- Company vehicle, gas card, mobile phone, laptop, iPad.
- Quarterly Bonus
- Eligible for quarterly bonuses based on hitting baseline targets.
- Annual Stretch Goal
- When annual targets are met, role is eligible for .75% of Department Gross Profit
Two Dudes Painting Company
BusinessView all jobs at Two Dudes Painting Company