- Posted: over a month ago
***100K per year with OT and Bonus***
Heartland Traffic Services is borne out of the 2021 marriage of three of the region’s premier road safety services providers – K&G Striping, Twin Traffic Marking Corp., and Traffic Zone Services. This unique union allows us to deliver an unparalleled suite of services to the market – from parking lots to interstate highways, markings and traffic control, and everything in between. While our union is recent, our story begins much earlier with the founding of Twin Traffic Marking Corp. in 1976, K&G Striping in 1982, and Traffic Zone Services in 2003.Job Description
The position of Mechanic is primarily responsible for assisting in performing routine and specialized mechanical duties, including troubleshooting, repairing and preventive maintenance in all fleet vehicles/equipment. It requires keeping records of work performed and keeping a clean and safe work area.
- Maintain accurate fluid levels and tire pressures
- Perform vehicle diagnostics and troubleshoot various equipment
- Diagnose hydraulic issues, change, repair and fabricate hoses
- Install and repair electrical systems
- Inspect and repair hydraulic and air-based braking systems
- Welding, cutting and fabrication
- Periodically drive to job sites for mobile repairs
- Ensure timely and efficient functions within the shop
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School education or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License required, CDL preferred.
- Must be able to pass a DOT Physical
- Must be able to pass a Drug Screen
- Experience using small hand tools (i.e., screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, hammers, sockets, utility knife), power tools (i.e., drills, impact wrench), hand carts and pallet jacks, broom, scraper, shovel and forklift.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to read and comprehend various measuring devices (tape, measurer, dip stick)
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions; to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to stand and walk; to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with arms and use hands and fingers; and push, pull, lift, or carry materials, equipment and supplies.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to travel in company car to field work for repairs.
Job Type: Seasonal. Hourly, Full-time, Mon – Sat, hours may vary with the seasonality of the business (6-7 days per week with overtime in the Summer and four 10-hour days per week in the winter). Must be available to work outside of business hours and overtime if needed
Twin Traffic Marking Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Twin Traffic Marking Corp.
AddressKansas City, KS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?