Under the direction of the Manager, install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures. Ensure compliance with applicable electrical codes. Lead electrical projects around the plant and work with Engineering, Maintenance, Refinery and Boiler Room to ensure 24-7 operations. Create and update electrical diagrams.
HOURS 6 am-2:30 pm Monday - Friday (OT and call-in pay when necessary)
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Document electrical performance and estimate electrical work.
- Responsible for job site and equipment care.
- Oversee outside electrical contractors doing work.
- Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears.
- Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufactures installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
- Estimates loads, requirements and materials for repairs and installations.
- Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans.
- Utilize software to oversee and maintain electrical monitoring equipment.
- Modify a basic logic diagram i.e. know how to find logics and understand how to troubleshoot them
- Troubleshoot and with additional training repair TDC system problems i.e. ability to upload US stations after a loss of power; identify HPM IOP issues, detail a point and locate which FTA a point goes
- Troubleshoot and repair Allen-Bradley PLC system problems i.e. ability to clear rack faults , remove and install I/O cards, identify a faulty card/blown output fuses, troubleshoot a ladder logic, program a ladder logic, change descriptors, edit a rung and add a bridge, force a bit, toggle a bit, identify a PLC address
- Import and export a PLC database.
- Upload a project to a PLC.
- Obtain a good working knowledge of unit operations; all the systems in the refinery and their purpose, BOHO, Steam Turbine Generator, wastewater, logistics, extensive involvement in maintaining operations of the CHP extensive involvement in maintaining operations of the CE and B&W burner operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to (position): Maintenance Manager
Formal Education / Certification Requirements
- MA Journeyman Electrical License
- 3-5 years related work experience; manufacturing/industrial experience preferred
- Ability to read Blueprints
Job Type: Full-time