General duties related to creating journal entries and posting them to the general ledger, reconciling accounts and performing other accounting functions.
· Must have BS in Accounting or Finance
· Must have three to five years of experience in an office environment and working with general ledger software.
· Must be able to use general office equipment (fax, personal computer, and telephone)
· Must be proficient with various computer programs including Excel
· Must be organized, detail oriented and able to work with little supervision
· Must be able to communicate well with others and work as a team
Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation Gaming License
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and enter journal entries into MAS 500 accounting program
- Perform month end tasks for closing
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Interact with various other departments within the Casino
- Cross train with other staff accountants
- Document and improve internal controls and processes
- Process all accounts payable and manual checks
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Twin River CasinoTwin River Casino Hotel operates over 4,000 video slot machines and virtual table games, as well as over 100 live table games including poker, blackjack, roulette, craps and more! From the gaming floor to the 29,000 square foot event center; from the Lighthouse Bar to Fred and Steve Steakhouse; Twin River Casino Hotel thrives on a culture of strength through teamwork, supportive growth and advancement, and unparalleled guest service. We are proud to be Rhode Island's largest gaming and entertainment venue as well as its top tourist and cultural attraction. Our unique gaming facility is situated just 10 minutes from Providence, and less than an hour from Boston. Twin River. So much. So close!