Production Floor Manager
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring all activities are performed in order to execute the plan regarding materials, equipment, tools, operators, facilities, and maintenance to produce quality parts in accordance with production procedures and safety standards in order to meet customer delivery expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Take ownership of the entire manufacturing facility (including the employees and equipment within) to ensure that production is supported at the highest level for safety, quality, and on time delivery.
- Provide technical and hands on support in the operations of a leading aerospace component provider.
- Oversees the Master Scheduler and Production Manager to exceed or meet customer delivery requirements per release schedules.
- Facilitates all maintenance activities with Maintenance and Production.
- Leads, coaches, counsels and manages performance of direct reports.
- Ensures conformance to all requirements of AS9100 as well as several other Nadcap accredited certifications.
- Responsible for communicating to all levels of the company regarding plant operations including the preparation and submission of monthly production metrics.
- Works closely with Engineering, Purchasing, and Quality to coordinate activities with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for controlling budgetary expectations regarding scrap, productivity, and overtime.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of potential quality or delivery issues relating to employees, process, equipment, or quality system.
- Promote Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure metrics are met through following standard process.
- Support continuous improvement activities with Quality and Engineering in order to increase productivity, quality, and scrap reduction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous Plant Management experience in a machine shop environment.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills across all levels.
- Experience with resource planning to achieve desired results.
- Six years of related experience or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge of industrial production machining equipment/systems (CNC and Manual).
- Strong technical knowledge of all manufacturing systems.
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, operations, business management or equivalent.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, elevated noise levels, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position manages all employees of the department(s) and is responsible for the performance management and assists in hiring of employees within the department(s).
659 East York StreetMartinsville, IN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.