Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programmer/Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The CMM Programmer / Operator will program a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and utilize said program and equipment to inspect precision machined and fabricated parts to blueprint and or process sketch requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
· Programming and operation of NC CMMs using current state Virtual DMIS 6.5.
· Evaluate current state for improvement opportunities and or software upgrades.
· Perform visual and dimensional inspections of all materials, in process parts and finished products
· Extensive knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
· Blueprint interpretation and knowledge of datum structures for GD&T measurements
· Complete documentation needed to support AS9100 QMS including but not limited to FAI reporting
· Perform First Article Inspections in accordance with AS9102 Standard
· Identify quality problems and recommend solutions
· Other duties as assigned within the Quality department
· Five (5) years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment measuring fabricated and or machined aerospace components using a CMM.
· Working knowledge of CMM software, preferably Virtual DMIS 6.5 on a fully NC programmable CMM
· Thorough understanding of all types of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
· Have the ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings, blueprints, process sketches for measurement requirements.
· Gage calibration experience and supervision over calibration software system a plus
· This person will be the champion of CMM measurement and CMM programming and will work with little to no daily supervision.
· This position is also subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT and FAA regulations.
Operator works within normal shift hours (7AM to 4:30PM) – extended hours, as necessary. Self-motivated and works well with little to no daily supervision.
This position has no direct reports.
Twigg Aerospace CorporationWhy Work Here?
Awesome place to work. Small town values, great benefits and excellent work culture.
659 E York StMartinsville, IN
ManufacturingView all jobs at Twigg Aerospace Corporation