Day-Of Wedding Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $23 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k,
The Full-time Wedding Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the day-of-coordination and additional administrative tasks of wedding events at the Twenty Mile House. The goal is to assist in providing an outstanding wedding experience for our wedding couples and their guests and ensure that the wedding party’s vision comes together seamlessly on the wedding day.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Wedding Coordinator Responsibilities
- Support and assist the Wedding Coordination Team with planning the wedding
- Use of computer systems (Google Drive, Asana, Dropbox)
- Create timelines, ceremony outline, floor plans
- Fine tuning documents to ensure future success & growth of business:
- procedures & systems are developed
- SOPs are continually updated
Day of Coordination
- Oversee designated weddings and/or support and assist the Wedding Coordination Team with day of coordination of weddings
- Make each wedding party feel valued, well taken care of and relaxed
- Respond to guest concerns as they arise
- Ensure gift & welcome card are in couple’s accommodation prior to arrival
- Oversee check in & check outs of wedding guests
- Manage ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinners
- Wedding Day management for 8+ hours
- Complete Day-of-Wedding Checklist
- Final walk through of grounds ensuring setup is completed to guests’ vision
- Monitor & ensure event standards are maintained at the highest level
- Oversee and manage staff and vendors during rehearsal dinners, the wedding day and other events connected to the wedding
- Oversee vendors to ensure wedding is according to planned, communicating any changes
- Respond to reviews from couples as per the Review Response Guidelines
- Google Drive
- Work with Principal Wedding Coordinator to keep all files in corresponding Team Drive up to date including
- event set up & service SOP/manual, assist Wedding Coordination Team
- wedding coordination SOP/manual
- any other pertinent information to event and wedding coordinator position
- Ensure all above documents are completed & properly documented after each shift
- Staff Communication Folder
- Ensure individual wedding folders to upload:
- event checklists
- event end of shift report(s)
- Continue to improve on existing systems, checklists, etc.
- Bring up new methods, ideas and procedures that could help the organization of TMH
Check Ins & Check Outs
- Ensure all areas (including General Store & grounds) are cleaned immediately after check out and ready for tours and/or guest check ins by the end of day or check in time
- Complete final walkthrough of grounds & event areas prior to check in
- Oversee cleanliness of required guidelines and excellent standards as outlined in the Event folders
- Make sure checklist for check-ins & check-outs is complete - reference Wedding Coordination SOPs & Event SOPs
Wedding Decor & Trends
- Help expand our decoration packages
- Keep up to date on trends
- Assist and support with wedding sales and bookings as needed including:
- Assist with future wedding tours as needed and facilitate closing future weddings
- Other administrative tasks as required
Develop & build team members, communication and respect
- Create a positive and functional team environment at the Twenty Mile House.
- Be a positive role model for all TMH staff
- Provide positive feedback to staff on work they are doing.
- Provide constructive criticism in a respectful and considerate manner on areas to improve when identified.
- Be approachable to all employees including an open door policy for them to feel safe and comfortable addressing any concerns.
- Communicate and listen to all employees in a respectful manner.
- Be solution oriented when problems or concerns arise.
- Be open and receptive to feedback in a positive manner.
Oversee Event Managers
- Assign Event Managers to required tasks and duties to ensure goals are met.
- Ensure Event Managers are meeting dress code and uniform requirements as per TMH Employee Handbook.
- Manage Event Managers in a positive team building manner
- Ensure all Event Managers are trained on, following & completing the policies, procedures, protocols, IIPP guidelines, checklists and standards required for their position so they are competent and thorough in their duties and providing a high level of service.
- Ensure the Event Checklists are used and documented after guests check out.
- Oversee the cleaning of general store front and back of house, offices, upstairs and bathrooms on a weekly basis. Schedule deep clean monthly with the team as needed
- Collaborate with event & coordination teams on ways improve systems & procedures
- Communicate with Event Managers about daily tasks as well as systems & procedures to ensure streamlined process
- Work with Director of Events & Event managers to develop ongoing training to ensure all event staff is able to self-manage
- Take initiative to communicate with Event managers to improve checklist, SOPs & staff & personal training
- Train staff to report any problems or concerns to their direct supervisor
- Event staff report to Set-up or Service manager
- Set-up & Service manager report to Wedding Coordinator responsible for designated wedding
- Set-up & Service manager report to Director of Events regarding personal, HR issues
- Help solve problems in a timely and consistent manner.
- Willingness to address any event concerns as they arise using appropriate communication & documentation
- Oversee, document and manage performance issues with Event staff, seeking assistance from Director of Events if required
- Oversee, document & report any significant problems or concerns immediately to the Director of Events related to the facility, employees, equipment, safety, etc. if unable to resolve
- Be a positive role model for all TMH staff
- Lead team meeting prior to shift, delegate tasks, assign meal breaks
- Collaborate with event teams on ways improve systems & procedures
- Communicate with Event Manager about daily tasks as well as systems & procedures to ensure streamlined process
- Work with Event Managers & Director of Events to develop ongoing training to ensure all event staff is able to self-manage
- Take initiative to communicate with Event Managers to improve checklist, SOPs & staff & personal training
Manager Collaboration & Communication
- Work closely with and assist Wedding Coordination Team where needed during event service
- Weekly meetings/check in with the Director of Events and Wedding Coordination Team to discuss upcoming events, questions, concerns, etc.
- Carry and monitor phone and/or walkie talkie to be contactable with other staff and management while at work
- Participate in bi-weekly manager meetings to discuss prior & upcoming events
- Contact Wedding Coordination Team if running late or need to adjust shift hours/schedule for any reason
- Problem solve and take initiative to come up with solutions for any concerns that happen during the event
- Work with Wedding Coordination Team and Event staff to create and oversee project lists based on priority level
- Discuss issues and concerns as they arise
- Communicate with Wedding Coordination Team & Event Managers any feedback or ideas to improve systems or procedures & update to make things more efficient
Season Opening & Closing
- Assist with overseeing smooth opening/cleaning General Store & storage areas prior to the season & after the season
Safety & Hazard
- Follow all safety & training procedures and guidelines to ensure safety for self & others
- Document any safety concerns or hazards in Asana immediately to be addressed, and notify Facilities Manager or Director of Events immediately
- Report any urgent maintenance or safety hazards to Facilities Manager and or Director of Events immediately.
- Ensure PPE is being used when required - Bloodborne clean up kit should always be used for cleaning bodily fluids.
- Ensure Set Up & Service staff are aware of locations of Bloodborne clean up kits in General Store and where to find extra to restock when needed.
- Ensure all employees have the appropriate training before using any tools or equipment
- Be accountable and responsible for the above job description tasks.
- Meet weekly with the Wedding Coordination Team and Director of Events about tasks, priorities, projects, employees, including current status, next steps and concerns.
General & Additional Responsibilities
- Assist with organization of Spring & Fall Wedding Fair
- Perform additional tasks as requested
- Ongoing training - consider what would be beneficial to your professional development and the development of TMH
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to build excellent relationships with a diverse range of clients
- Ability to work together as a collaborative team, flexibility in a dynamic work environment
- Able to lead and supervise others in a positive and supportive manner
- Energetic, positive, “can do” attitude
- Commitment to professionalism, work culture & company standards
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and effective manner, attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm, problem-solve and come up with solutions under stress
- Able to take initiative and be willing to help where most needed
- Must exhibit strong computer skills.
- Team player and willingness to cross cover other jobs at Twenty Mile House when necessary
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATION:
- Experience in event planning and/or service preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred though not required
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience, starting at $23 per hour
BENEFITS: Employee raffles, parties & meals. 401(k) Retirement Plan and vacation once qualified. Excellent training and professional development. Opportunity for growth. Transferrable skills and certifications.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Good working conditions when in a controlled office environment. Often work is at an outdoor venue in a wooded environment with potential changing weather conditions. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
HOURS: Full time. Seasonal March through mid-November. Typical hours are anywhere from 10am-8pm, including all Saturdays and most Sundays and mid-week weddings.
NOTE: The information contained in this document describes the general nature, purpose, responsibilities, duties, skills, abilities, and workload of employees in the job described; however, in no way constitutes a complete list of those that may be required. In addition, this does not constitute an employment contract and may be changed at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Twenty Mile House adheres to local and state Covid-19 guidelines. Please see more information at our website.
Originally constructed as a stagecoach stop and trading post, Twenty Mile House has long served as a respite for weary travelers. In the present day, our 200-acre eco-estate is a breath of fresh air from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We are proud to be a certified carbon-free venue and Green America–approved business. We are committed to limiting our ecological footprint and doing our part to ensure the pristine natural beauty of our property for centuries to come.
Twenty Mile HouseWhy Work Here?
Flexible fun job with family-oriented staff, eco-friendly wedding venue that teaches transferrable skills and unique benefits
A PREMIER NORTHERN CALIFORNIA ECO-WEDDING VENUE Originally constructed as a stagecoach stop and trading post, Twenty Mile House has long served as a respite for weary travelers. In the present day, our 200-acre eco-estate is a breath of fresh air from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We are proud to be a certified carbon-free venue and Green America–approved business. We are committed to limiting our ecological footprint and doing our part to ensure the pristine natural beauty of our property for centuries to come.
700 Old Cromberg RdCromberg, CA
Arts and Entertainment