Twenty Bridge Staffing Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position provides data science support and services to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the Transportation Research Board (TRB) (part of the National Academy of Sciences and Engineering), and state departments of transportation in leveraging a wide variety of data to deliver improved transportation services and increased safety on our nation’s roadways.
1. Apply modern data analysis and management techniques to transform data from transportation agencies and their partners into actionable information:
· Assess and document current data processing and visualization systems of transportation agencies.
· Assess and document the quality and veracity of transportation data and associated data products, from raw data to key performance indicators (KPIs), charts, and dashboards.
· Identify the data needs of transportation agencies (federal, state, local) and define data analysis workflow and visualization requirements to satisfy these needs.
· Develop, deploy, and maintain real-time and batch data analysis workflows using AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, or other platforms in support of both FHWA and state DOT projects.
· Research, test, and develop real-time geotemporal conflation techniques to integrate disparate datasets from transportation agencies, private industry (e.g., freight providers, third-party data providers), and crowdsourcing/social media sources.
· Develop, deploy, and maintain data analysis workflows using natural language processing (NLP), machine learning, fuzzy matching, and other techniques to retrieve useful information from unstructured data.
· Develop, deploy, and maintain custom dashboards, reports, and visualizations using off-the-shelf, cloud-based data visualization tools and libraries.
· Understand and apply data encryption and obfuscation techniques to hide Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in datasets and conform to various state and federal privacy policies.
2. Support research efforts, client relationships, and business development:
· Participate in and contribute to meetings/discussions with state and federal clients.
· Lead or contribute to literature reviews, transportation stakeholder workshops (virtual and in-person), and information-gathering interviews with transportation agencies. Document discussions during these events.
· Clearly explain and discuss modern data analysis and visualization techniques and concepts to federal and state customers, tailoring each discussion to their level of technical understanding.
· Support the preparation of technical memos and briefings, technical and research reports, and guidance documents.
· Present or support the presentation of project findings/outcomes to clients, partner and peer agencies, and the broader transportation industry.
· Support business development efforts through the development of proposals and technical briefings.
· Experience with scripting languages such as Python and R.
· Experience using data science tools and libraries such as Pandas, NLTK, scikit-learn, Rapids, Elasticsearch, or others.
· Experience developing visualizations using multiple data visualization platforms (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Kibana, etc.).
· Experience developing data processing workflows with cloud computing services such as AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
· Experience working with traditional and modern data files formats such as CSV, JSON, XML, Apache Avro, and Apache Parquet.
· Experience with serverless programming, parallel computing, regular expressions, machine learning (e.g., NLP, image recognition)
· Experience working with both traditional and modern spatial datasets (e.g., Shapefile, geohash, etc.).
· Experience with processing unstructured data such as text, images, and video.
· Experience with merging/integrating heterogenous datasets.
· Experience with feature selection/engineering, including mapping unstructured data to tabular dataset features.
· Experience developing and optimizing classifiers using methods such as logistic regression, decision trees, support vector machines, or deep learning.
· Strong applied mathematics and statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
· Experience with change management software such as Git.
· Some understanding of transportation-related data is preferred.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of software development / data analysis / engineering experience.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Public Trust (NACI).
- Software expertise required in Python programming and Python packages (Scikit-Learn, Numpy, Pandas), SaaS suite of at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, or MS Azure), and one or more visualization platforms such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, OmniSci, etc.
- Desire to join a small team of experts working on innovative projects towards the improvement of transportation services and roadway safety nationwide.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies to complete a wide variety of tasks across novel projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and data-oriented personality.
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete assignments on time across multiple ongoing projects with minimal guidance or supervision.
Twenty Bridge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. – AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Federal law requires Bridge to verify identity and employment eligibility; with information from your Form I-9. The E-Verify system is used.
Twenty Bridge StaffingWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits and challenging work
In 2017, The Washington Post recognized us as one of the top places to work in the DC metropolitan region and Inc. Magazine recognized us as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States.
TechnologyView all jobs at Twenty Bridge Staffing