- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to be a part of a critical integrated team of professionals developing enterprise data products. You will work in a multi-cloud environment to develop data pipelines, analyze, and execute data transformations, and integrate analytical tools to support data management and analytics platforms. Join our company for this exciting opportunity to support client’s cloud analytics and data management team and solve problems with innovative data products.
Client team members are innovative, effective, thoughtful, and kind. We strive for an open and collaborative environment where team members ask questions to seek to understand first and are comfortable questioning the status quo. It’s important that the new Data Engineer embodies and reinforces these qualities.
As a company, Client values people with a passion for learning new skills, working with the latest technologies, and implementing industry best practices. We believe in the power of high-quality data for use in policymaking, implementation, and continuous improvement. We emphasize innovation and creativity and want team members who will continuously improve delivery, exceed customer expectations, and seek to propose solutions for realized and unrealized challenges.
Our most successful Data Engineers do the following:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You like working on multiple projects simultaneously that require attention to detail and producing quality work. You remain flexible and adaptable in the face of challenges.
- Believe in the power of data. You know that quality data in all forms can be valuable and support clients in using it more effectively.
- Embrace multiple perspectives. You value diversity of thought and aim to see a challenge through multiple points of view.
- Welcome complexity. You like thinking through problems and working to provide creative, strategic solutions to complex challenges.
- Engage in teamwork. You work collaboratively with team members to plan, carry out, and report on analytic activities. You are willing to step in to support colleagues as needed, and you also proactively ask for help from teammates in order to ensure success.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders. You are comfortable sharing information with a variety of audiences and enjoy working with experts in the field.
- Ask questions. You seek to understand first, and you do not shy away from questioning the status quo.
- Build relationships. Our success hinges on the relationships we build within and across project teams, with clients, and with stakeholder groups. As a Data Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of data and relevant stakeholders.
- Offer creative solutions. We know there is not one way to do anything, and we value your input on how to improve processes, provide greater value to the client, and evolve over time.
About the Role
The data engineer will be responsible for end-to-end data pipeline activities from design to monitoring stability in a largely AWS environment. Activities will include problem-solving, data exploration, cleaning and analyzing large datasets, designing and implementing data product solutions, adapting and creating code for detecting data quality errors, developing clear and concise documentation, presenting findings to the broader team, analyzing data according to requirements and developing output that facilitates data use and research. You will apply understanding of industry data lifecycle and data management methods, including data governance frameworks to hands on data preparation and analytics product implementation.
- Data exploration using tools and frameworks such as Jupyter Labs, Python, Pandas, and PySpark
- Develop understanding of relevant data sources and recommend integration of data sources to meet client needs
- Document data product requirements and design
- Work with data analysts to support the development of data products, conduct QA, and adapt to client feedback
- Support the development of reports summarizing data quality and outreach to data submitters
- Ensure data accuracy and create ad hoc data operations and data quality reports
- Locate an array of sources and media containing information on a particular subject
- Support the development of visualizations, including dashboards, used to inform policy decisions
- Provide support to carry out research and evaluation tasks as assigned
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of constituents
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of data operations
- Proficiency in data frameworks such as Python, Pandas, and PySpark
- Strong capabilities with AWS Data Products such as AWS Glue, AWS Athena, QuickSight, IAM, etc.
- Strong organization and ability to meet deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to build positive relationships
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Required Qualifications
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; preferably in computer science, data science or data analytics and 3-years of related experience; or five (5) years of related experience
- Candidates must have the ability to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship
- Active or ability to obtain a 6(c) public trust clearance; US Citizenship required
- Experience working with education data
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g., PowerBI, QuickSight, Tableau, SAS Viya)
- AWS Certification or equivalent cloud platforms
This role can be remote with ability to travel to client site in Washington DC or Herndon.
- Base Salary – based on skills and qualifications
- Comprehensive health-care benefits package that includes coverage of the majority of the employee premium
- Dental and vision benefits package
- Life insurance
- Advancement and growth opportunities including team professional development, training opportunities, and tuition reimbursement
Twenty Bridge is a federal contractor and complies with Executive Order 14042 – Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. As such, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Hired applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the effective date of hire. Accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons will be considered.
Twenty Bridge is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. – AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Federal law requires Twenty bridge to verify identity and employment eligibility; with information from your Form I-9. The E-Verify system is used.
Twenty Bridge StaffingWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits and challenging work
In 2017, The Washington Post recognized us as one of the top places to work in the DC metropolitan region and Inc. Magazine recognized us as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States.
TechnologyView all jobs at Twenty Bridge Staffing