Customer Service Representative
Twenty Bridge Staffing Herndon, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary of position/daily activities: We are looking for a talented customer service professional to support the mission of the US Department of Education. This position will provide advice and hands-on support to the people who must submit data so that the Department can measure progress and evaluate the impact of its programs. This means direct support for education professionals at local, state, and federal levels, and also involves assisting the public.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You share our passion for education. This is an opportunity to work across multiple projects and customers to support the mission of the Department.
- You are excited about the opportunity to both learn and teach. This is a dynamic space: education data collections evolve and systems change.
- You are motivated to offer exceptional experiences. Technical subject matter can be challenging, so it helps to be empathetic, thoughtful, and patient.
- You have high standards. Ability is important, but client is set apart by more than talent. This position requires someone who works collaboratively with colleagues and takes ownership over the quality and value of their work. Across all of our projects, we want coworkers who work hard and are relentlessly competitive in setting new standards for themselves and for their teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer support to a variety of education stakeholders, including general education audiences, Local Education Agencies, and State Education Agencies
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone and email
- Open and manage support tickets in the tracking system and assist in quality review of tickets
- Research and escalate issues as needed to other project groups or to the Project Lead for resolution
- Conduct webinars, online training, and user guide creation/updates
- Support data collection activities and assist customers with data collection and submission issues (including data quality and error resolution issues)
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service aptitude
- Advanced skills in MS Word and Outlook
- Experience with Excel and Adobe Acrobat highly desirable
- Ability to think analytically, solve problems, and make effective decisions under pressure
- Some solid mathematical aptitude and effective task management skills
- Comfortable with internet searching and online databases
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution and 3-years related experience; or 4 years related experience
- Experience in the education field (highly desirable)
- Background in education, communications, or information science (highly desirable)
- Past experience in customer service, helpdesk support, and/or IT (highly desirable)
- Candidates must have the ability to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability to obtain a clearance. US citizenship required.Active 5(c) public trust clearance preferred, not required.
Twenty Bridge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. – AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Federal law requires Twenty Bridge to verify identity and employment eligibility; with information from your Form I-9. The E-Verify system is used.
Twenty Bridge StaffingWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits and challenging work
In 2017, The Washington Post recognized us as one of the top places to work in the DC metropolitan region and Inc. Magazine recognized us as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States.
BusinessView all jobs at Twenty Bridge Staffing