Marketing and Operations Student Interns
Tutoring Club of McLean McLean, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
A career with Tutoring Club has daily rewards! Award-winning Tutoring Club of McLean (TCM) has immediate openings for part-time, marketing and operations college interns. We are biased -- but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work! And we are changing the world (you will see it in our students every day)!
The Student Intern position provides the unique potential to enjoy the fulfilling benefits of improving students’ lives, as well as the exciting challenges of a growing company. Working in our locally owned and operated learning center, this position will be an integral part of our fun and award-winning team. As a Marketing and Operations Student Intern (MOSI), you will work with the owner/director and other leadership team members in Marketing areas such as social media, website updates, content writing, community and school outreach, event planning and participation, customer outreach, market research, advertising, materials development, contest development and implementation, and more. From the Operations side, you will work in areas such as process development and refinement, operating playbook development, financial/HR/marketing reporting, light bookkeeping, training development and refinement, tutor recruiting, the tutor experience, the student experience, and more. You will also assist with answering phones, scanning, filing, data entry, and greeting visitors from our reception desk. As a MOSI, you will be an integral part of a small, fun, and hard-working team. You have excellent written and oral communication skills and strong attention to detail. You are dependable, talented, motivated and well-organized, and you will learn quickly, be a self-starter, and be willing to take ownership of special projects. You are focused on making a terrific first impression to all who walk-in or call, and you embody our core values. You have the desire to deliver remarkable experiences to others. We work for our parents’ awesome reviews -- they love giving them to us -- when we earn them!
What we don’t expect is perfection, but we do expect intelligence, enthusiasm, and great marketing and operations. TCM’s mission is to help students thrive, to watch them gain confidence, and excel academically. Our core values guide our team and are the of our business; they help us focus on our mission and on surpassing our families’ expectations. We are Nurturing, Fun, Accountable, Respectful, and Inspiring, and we operate with Integrity. Marketing and Operations Student Intern Responsibilities:Marketing
- Manage social media sites to ensure regular and engaging posts. Work with Director to create a calendar of posts and create content for posts. Monitor results on a monthly basis and share Pinterest findings with Coordinators/Staff.
- Update Website and social media pages, as requested.
- Write content, create marketing/POP/event materials-including videos, and develop promotions, as requested, including authoring periodic blog articles and social media posts regarding best practices and useful information for staff and families, as well as monthly emails to our database and staff.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of periodic Tutoring Club and community events to drive awareness and client demand. (Clarendon and McLean Days, McLean HS and MONA Holiday Bazaars, college planning workshops, ACT/SAT fundraisers, read-a-thons, kids' nights/ afternoons, etc.) Work closely with instructors and management team to determine workshops needed by staff and families.
- Keep all databases up to date, and help build new ones.
- Create automation campaigns through CRM platform.
- Track and report on marketing metrics monthly.
- Assist with developing and refining internal processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Finish drafting SOPs/operating playbook, then develop system for future updates.
- Track and report on operations and service metrics monthly.
- Review new-hire and ongoing training programs and make recommendations based on best practices.
- Work with owner and other members of the leadership team to review, enhance, and monitor the tutor experience and the student experience.
- Assist with light bookkeeping, answering phones, greeting customers, computer maintenance, maintaining a clean and lively center, scanning, and filing.
- Strong undergraduate student in his/her junior or senior year.
- We seek a professional, trustworthy, dependable, cooperative, and consistent individual who is strong on detail and has a demonstrated track record of excellence.
- You will learn quickly; are a self-starter; have strong computer and problem-solving skills; are easily able to navigate Microsoft Office and Google products and other software programs and forms of office technology as needed; have accurate data entry skills; and have strong listening and communication skills.
- The MOSI is outgoing and energetic; has a warm, courteous and friendly personality with a strong customer service spirit; is high energy and passionate about student success; has an independent work ethic; is able to make good judgment calls; has a commitment to working in a collaborative environment; and is willing to take ownership of special projects.
- You have the ability to embrace and drive change; create a fun and informative environment for students and peers; build open and honest relationships and partnerships; be adventurous, creative and open minded; and pursue self-development and learning.
- Flexibility and adaptability; strong editing, writing, and oral communication skills; as well as the ability to be nimble and work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong organizational and time management skills and self-motivation are a must.
- PAID internship with a consistent and reliable work schedule
- Learn the ins and outs of an award-winning, continuously growing, small business
- Opportunity for continued employment which includes performance-based pay raises, bonus plan, monthly incentives, and advancement opportunities
- Ongoing training, mentoring and professional development
- Advancement opportunities and high growth potential for top performers
- A comfortable physical workspace and a supportive, exciting, fun, and very rewarding work environment
- Countless health and safety protocols to help keep our community and TC family safe
- Conveniently located just down the street from Marymount University, on Old Dominion Drive, near Arlington, downtown McLean and Falls Church, with ample free parking and easy access to public transportation
We can’t wait to meet you!
Tutoring Club of McLean
BusinessView all jobs at Tutoring Club of McLean