Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares meals by strictly following the recipes contained within the Healthier Standardized menu and maintains accurate meal and snack counts, and the production thereof.
- Solely responsible for unloading the food order from the food truck, which requires bending, stooping, lifting, and overhand reaching, and putting all food items away in their designated areas.
- Successfully completes each food order by visually maintaining all inventories and writing or typing each order; and adheres to all Federal Food Guidelines when applicable.
- Cleans and sanitizes the kitchen, including all utensils and cookware, by washing all dishes; sweeping, mopping, and cleaning all of the kitchen areas (including, but not limited to the floors, counter tops, stove tops, and student eating areas); and disposing of refuse and cleaning products in the assigned receptacles. The listed tasks require frequent bending, stooping, lifting, pulling, and reaching.
- Strictly adheres to all safety and sanitary standards through visual reading and interpreting of OSHA procedures to maintain a safe environment for children.
- Performs kitchen-related maintenance; cleans leftover or uneaten food and returns them to their proper receptacles; and returns supply and cleaning items to their proper locations.
- Regularly communicates, both verbally or in writing, with parents regarding Director-approved menu changes and food serving schedules.
- Communicates, both verbally or in writing, suspected child abuse or neglect to local child protective agencies or child abuse hotlines as required by law.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Must meet state licensing requirements for education.
- Must meet all standards and requirements relating to education and experience as set by the state and accreditation agent.
- Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.