We are looking for a committed ACT Tutor to complement our qualified team of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the students needs and requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills within their place of residence. So this does require commuting and is a contract position and not a direct employee with of Tutor Doctor this allows you with the ability to take on as many or as little as you wish to take on.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
* Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
* Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
* Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
* Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
* Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
* Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
* Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
* Observe and understand students’ behaviour and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
* Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
* Proven experience as a Tutor/Mentor/Coach/Teacher
* Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the policies and procedures
* Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
* Well-organized and committed
* Creative and energetic
* Strong moral values and discipline
* Knowledge of CPR
* An associates or bachelors degree is preferred