After-School Supplemental Education Program Instructor
Tutor Doctor Hawaii Kailua, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Consider yourself a Jack of all Trades!? Tutor Doctor – the leading education company that’s all about tailored tutoring solutions – is hiring After-School Supplemental Education Program Instructors! Our instructors take the time to understand the way students learn and adapt their techniques to coincide with their needs. We are looking for instructors who can build relationships with students and the schools they support by helping students feel comfortable and cared for during sessions and keeping open communication for schools and organizations. Simply put, our instructors are people we’d be happy bringing home to mom!
The Tutor Doctor Advantage
As a Tutor Doctor instructor, you're more than just a instructor, you're a mentor! Seeing a student achieve their "a-ha moment" is why our instructors love working with us. This is a part-time position. Our instructors are assigned to support students in specific schools and work with the students at school facilities during pre-established times.
· Paid preparation and administrative time are included
· Bonuses are earned at the end of summer sessions and each semester based on student progress and attendance
· Curriculum is delivered online and the facilitator assists students when added instruction is needed to master a concept
Position and Duties
If you like what you’re reading so far, we are currently hiring instructors who can capably handle K-6 Math and English! You are someone who is able to teach these subjects at the elementary level and can manage groups up to 10 students.
As an Instructor, you can be relied upon to:
- Arrive timely with reliable attendance
- Effectively manage small groups of students
- Support STEM projects
- Assist students to understand academic concepts
We are not looking for rocket scientists, but just an attitude that shoots for the stars! As a Tutor Doctor Instructor, you are someone who has:
· Proficiency in teaching and reviewing all content related to grades K-6 math and English
· Ability to support students in completing STEM projects
· Graduated from or is currently enrolled in post secondary education (graduates and undergraduates)
· Previous teaching/tutoring/mentoring/coaching experience would be great, especially exposure to different learning styles (formal or informal)
· Have reliable transportation
If this sounds like you and you are keen on empowering students to do their best, send us your resume!
· Need to be available Monday through Thursday from 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm
· Must be open to completing a criminal background check
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the volume of applications received, only those who are selected will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Tutor Doctor Hawaii
EducationView all jobs at Tutor Doctor Hawaii