- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Turtle & Hughes, we believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and that every customer can benefit from our holistic approach to provide the industry’s most comprehensive range of services and solutions. That is how we have earned our ranking among the nation’s largest independent electrical and industrial distributors
Turtle & Hughes is seeking an Electrical Estimator to join the team in the Milford, CT location. In this role you will be responsible for interpreting blueprints/electrical drawings and using manufacturer software to produce quotes for customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Responsible for estimating commercial construction projects.
• Proficient in reading blueprints and working with electronic bid management software to produce quotes.
• Must be highly organized and efficient to handle multiple projects in the bid stage and help manage projects after sale is made.
• Understands the importance of deadlines and must organize bid schedule based on complexity and project due dates.
• Works well with branch manager, outside sales team and inside sales team in coordinating bids and managing projects.
• Accountability for timely completion and profitability of projects.
• Manages and coordinates with all parties involved in the order, both internal and external.
• Provides customer service that separates Turtle & Hughes from our competition in the market place.
• Follows established standards and procedures for project reporting, communication, and documentation.
• Keeps detailed records on pricing quotes, change orders and all correspondence both internally and externally.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in the electrical business, must understand switchgear.
• Highly desirable to have experience working directly with electrical contractors.
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• Must be highly organized, and extremely well versed in establishing customer relationships.
Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and a host of additional employee negotiated discounts.
Turtle and Hughes is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workforce.
Turtle and Hughes
ConstructionView all jobs at Turtle and Hughes
Get fresh Electrical Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.