Graphic Designer/ Project Manager
Turtle Fur Morrisville, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The iconic Vermont brand, Turtle Fur, has been a staple in the outdoor industry for almost 40 years. We pride ourselves on being progressive, socially, and environmentally driven, and holding true to our roots of quality, comfort, creativity, and community…all while having fun. As an employer of choice, Turtle Fur recognizes our employees as an integral part of our success, and we offer a work experience and benefits package that goes well beyond the expected.
Turtle Fur is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to bring fresh creative ideas into the visual story telling of our brand. This person will be a skilled technical designer, forward thinker, project manager, work well with a team, and be able to manage freelancers, as needed, to create the best end-result. Responsible for ensuring that all creative content requests are properly completed in a timely and accurate manner and live up to brand standards. This position will report to the Head of Design.
This is an office-based position located in Morrisville, Vermont. After the initial onboarding/training phase, the position has flexibility to work remotely for some of the work week.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop compelling concepts and on-brand design solutions for print and digital communications across B2B and Direct to Consumer channels.
- Manage all print collateral design and production from concept to execution, including managing freelancers for outsourced projects.
- Responsible for managing the concept, design, and production of the Turtle Fur Catalog, working closely with the Marketing and Product Design Teams.
- Monitor proofs, supervise edits, and approve the quality of finished artwork and conceptual materials produced by freelance artists.
- Guide all phases of development for marketing materials from ideation to final product. This includes creating functional and cohesive packaging and label designs for Turtle Fur products.
- Work with the Marketing Team to manage lifestyle photoshoots and video production (both in house and outsourced), providing creative direction where needed.
- Responsible for creating/managing marketing design collateral including visuals for email campaigns and social campaigns (paid and unpaid), video content, web assets, and printed materials.
- Provide art direction and production of web materials for a Shopify platform.
- Work with the eCommerce Team to conceptualize and create all needed digital assets for www.turtlefur.com and amazon.com, as well as paid ads.
- Help to select vendors for jobs and is involved in reviewing/proofing of final layouts, artwork, photography, etc.
- Proactively collaborate with other members of the Marketing Team to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Participate in creative meetings to develop strategies and generate campaign concepts.
- Be the champion of the brand aesthetics through maintaining and progressing brand and creative standards across all channels, especially print & digital mediums.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 5-7 years of mid-senior level graphic design experience
- Experience managing freelancers or experience working as a freelancer
- Portfolio of creative work highlighting creative and conceptual ideas
- Highly developed organizational skills with a keen attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be a self-starter, highly independent, and capable of multitasking on different projects
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign (Bonus if experienced in Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe Rush)
- Familiarity with UI/UX Design for E-Mail & Web
- Photography and videography capabilities strongly preferred
- Must be driven and passionate about the outdoors and working for a company that strives to hit socially and sustainably driven goals
We encourage members of the BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and Disabled communities to apply as we make concerted efforts to diversify our staff and our perspective. College degree not required, but creativity, fire, and drive will set you apart. Turtle Fur is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- 3+ Weeks Paid Time Off, 5+ weeks after three years of service
- Flexible Work from Home Policy
- Paid Volunteer/Civic Engagement Time
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with Company Match
- Health Insurance with company funded HSA
- Bring Your Dog to Work
- Employee Discounts on Product
- Industry Discounts
- Discounts on Ski Passes in Vermont
- Corn hole tournaments, wellness challenges, and so much more.
How to Apply
Submit your resume, with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- Link to your creative portfolio
- Desired compensation
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Turtle Fur