Turning Point of Central California Fresno, CA
- Expired: November 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
PROGRAM: Golden State FPS
This is a Residential Re-Entry program is located at 3545 S. Golden State Blvd. in Fresno, CA. The facility is co-ed and houses 40 inmates, while also providing supervision to 20+ residents on Home Confinement by way of Ankle Monitor GPS services. It is the mission of the Federal Bureau of Prisons to protect society by confining offenders in the controlled environments of prisons and community-based facilities that are safe, humane, cost-efficient, and appropriately secure, and that provide work and other self-improvement opportunities to assist offenders in becoming law-abiding citizens.
HIRING MANAGER: Sonia Navarro, Program Director
BASE PAY: Class 104 ($15.99 - $21.05/hour)
STATUS: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Immediately
The Cook reports to the Program Director and is responsible for preparing quality meals for facility in compliance with all contractual, Federal, State, and local health department guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare weekly menus and the required meals at the facility for Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP)
- Maintain and ensure that all food services menus are reviewed and approved by a registered dietician that all food groups contained in the menus meet nutritional standards consistent with the stated regulatory government agencies.
- Maintain ongoing inventory of all pantry and foods, and pull all ingredients for next day’s use.
- Be responsible for the efficient operation of culinary area and the supervision of any part-time cook and residents assisting in kitchen operations.
- Train and supervise the kitchen help in preparing the food for each meal prepared.
- Report and write up resident rule violations when necessary.
- Supervise placement of commodities onto shelves.
- Supervise the storage and use of prepared food.
- Purchase of food and program supplies ensuring that food is stored and served in accordance with all Federal, State and local health department sanitation requirements.
- Conduct daily safety and sanitation inspection of food services areas and food storage areas.
- Conduct daily food sampling of all meals served during a 24-hour period for possible contamination.
- Ensure that safety procedures for knives are followed.
- Drive on agency business, as needed.
- Think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each employee at Turning Point. Employees are expected to report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working. Employees also are expected to remain at work for their entire work schedule. Late arrival, early departure or other absences from scheduled hours are disruptive and must be avoided.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director. Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED, and at least three years of full-time food services experience.
- Must have SafeServ Food Handlers certification.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must have ability to interpret and implement dietician’s menus.
- Must have ability to plan and prepare well-balanced meals.
- Experience in preparing quality and quantity food.
- Ability to perform clerical duties (bookkeeping, inventory, food costs, etc.).
- Ability to follow budget and control expenditures as budget dictates.
- Make purchases of all food items at least once per week.
- Ability to pass a FBOP criminal background check.
- Ability to use the equipment necessary to complete the responsibilities of the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
- COVID19 vaccination required prior to employment.
- Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
We are a diverse, inclusive and equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (40+), disability status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $16 - $21 Hourly
Turning Point of Central California
FoodView all jobs at Turning Point of Central California