At Turning Point, we believe in empowering all people to live life best. A Caregiver/Direct Support Professional's primary responsibilities are centered around our clients leading a self-directed life. We do this by helping individuals maximize their potential by refining skills and abilities, learn about healthy lifestyles, secure and maintain employment, and live in housing of their choice.
- Provide training to promote client outcomes in behavioral, social, and vocational realms
- Maintain a schedule of services/activities in a treatment plan
- Assist with eating, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, and activities of daily living
- Assist with preparation of meals
- Monitor and report on status of health and safety objectives
- Complete housekeeping tasks essential to the health and welfare of the individual
- Provide respite and companionship to offer relief to family or primary caregiver
- Assist client participation in leisure/recreational activities
- Complete documentation of activities and significant events
- Submit documentation and payroll data according to scheduled deadlines
- Complete initial and ongoing training and staff development activities
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Achieve competency in required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Pass criminal record, healthcare registry, and Office of Inspector General checks
- Pass driving record check if providing transportation
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required. Training is provided.
- Work may require moderately heavy physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis. Work tasks may include extensive driving, assisting with transfers (wheelchair to chair, bed, or tub, for example), and significant physical support to assist the client with daily activities. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds or more depending on individual client needs.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits based on hours worked might include medical, dental, life insurance and 401K
Turning Point Services is an equal opportunity employer.