Employee Benefits Account Executive
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kressler, Wolff & Miller is an independent insurance agency offering a comprehensive suite of insurance solutions to protect businesses and individuals from the unexpected. We don’t just sell insurance. We work hard to maintain long relationships with our clients.
At Kressler, Wolff & Miller, our mission is very simple. We strive to provide a true, concierge client experience which is unique in the insurance industry. We give clients the power of choice from top-rated national and regional insurance carriers. We offer comprehensive insurance solutions in the Lehigh Valley, Pocono Mountains and Northwest NJ, including Lehigh, Northampton, Berks and Monroe counties.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing and managing a book of business. The Account Executive also needs to service insurance customers by analyzing their individual needs, evaluating options, and offering tailored insurance solutions. The Account Executive is responsible to identify new insurance prospects and nurture existing customer relationships and to promote the agency. The primary line of business is commercial Group Life, Accident and Health. The position involves most time spent outside the office.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Determine customers’ particular needs and financial exposures by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverages; and identifying possible gaps. Mine and evaluate documents such as application forms, financial information, product brochures, salary information, exposure checklists, and other reports and data to determine degree of risk and market to a selection of carriers.
- Develop a coordinated insurance &/or risk management plan, calculate and quote rates for immediate coverage action and implementation.
- Identify and develop insurance prospects and appropriate markets
- Market, service and promote the Agency’s products and services and work at a strategic level to develop and retain customers.
- Service/Manage existing customers, including: analyzing the needs of the customers, evaluating and answering questions regarding coverage, and determining the most suitable product for the customer; identifying concerns, external competition, exposure changes and additional coverage needs.
- When needed, assist existing policyholders through the renewal process with strong communication and market knowledge. Educate customers on policy/product features, advantages and disadvantages. Remarket accounts as necessary.
- Independently develop and maintain strong knowledge of the marketplace and strong working relationships with company representatives and underwriters. If no coverage is available in the admitted market, investigate risk placement alternatives, if available.
- Review all quotations with recommendations as to the best options for price, coverage and risk alternatives. Manage quotes, proposals to customers, and bind coverage with insurance carriers within agency authority.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Collaborate with agency personnel and supervisor to provide feedback on customer and/or market conditions.
- Handle telephone calls and personal visits from customers pertaining to their individual risks and coverage requirements, claims, new business, remarkets and additional lines of coverage.
- For all applicable accounts, ensure that all renewals and all requests for changes, endorsements, audits, etc. are properly implemented and comport with the various company requirements.
- Document all conversations with customers
- Other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Performs duties independently with little or no supervision, operating from established directions and instructions. Decisions are made within general agency constraints and insurance laws, and require independent decision-making.
- The position involves daily contacts with customers and carriers, which encompasses information exchange, problem solving, quoting, and/or negotiations, significant contact with customers to collect information on any changes to the customer’s characteristics and to analyze the customer’s continued exposure and tolerance to risk, as well as review coverage options and risk management/prevention strategies.
- Thorough technical knowledge of Accident, Life & Health insurance. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Education: Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school a plus, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Experience: Insurance experience a plus.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge or Licensure: Possess or pass the requirement to be a licensed Life, Accident and Health insurance producer.
Continuing Education/Training: as required by applicable statutes and regulations.
Turning Point HCM
BusinessView all jobs at Turning Point HCM