Turning Point HCM Remote, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
Ruby is an organic farm-to-table hemp and cannabis company. We farm and craft plant-based remedies with a purpose. To connect your mind, body, and spirit. When your mind and body are balanced and functioning optimally we feel calmer, clearer, and more present.
At the Core of Our Company’s Culture:
- Operate with a reduced carbon footprint in the agricultural space.
- Prioritize sustainable water management.
- Create a positive and healthy work environment.
- Close the loop in the circle of life, promoting true sustainability.
- Meet and uphold the standards of USDA-certified organic farming.
- Provide the most potent and pure products on the planet.
Accounting Manager will perform effective risk management and plan the farm’s financial strategy and oversee the daily operations, related to finances, budgets and personnel on the farm. It is an important and complex role since an organization can only survive if it actively investigates and safeguards its finances. In the role of Accounting Manager you must be well versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to banking operations, specifically as it relates to the Cannabis industry.
The goal of this position is to protect the company’s revenues and profits, achieve full financial control and sustainable growth and ensure efficiency of the company’s operations.
- Monitor and manage sales revenue and margins – ensuring all billings are recorded, and costs are properly allocated.
- Manage and reconcile Accounts Receivables, including cash collections and product returns.
- Manage vendor relationships related to office purchases, including general services such as utilities, rents, technology, and insurance.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly purchases.
- Supervise the preparation of reliable current and forecasting reports.
- Work with the General Manager of the farm in order to assist with decisions related to operational activities and strategic goals.
- Prepared and reconcile costs related to all inventory including, raw material, work in process, and finished goods and have an understanding of which costs are attributable to IRS Tax Code Section 280E.
- Drive the farm’s financial planning and cash management
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements as they relate to financial objectives on the farm.
- Manage project budgets and costs related to all new project development on the farm.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations specifically in the cannabis industry.
- Manage all areas of order and invoice management ,payroll, benefits, and employee compliance.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and month-end closings on the farm.
- Prepare and work with auditors on year-end financial statements
- Manage the year-end financial statement review with outside accountants
- Evaluate and manage relationships with the farm’s banks and insurance brokers
- Do special projects as directed by executive management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, preferably with cost accounting.
- Strong general ledger and financial statement preparation experience.
- Experience working on a farm or manufacturing facilities in the finance or accounting areas.
- Strong inventory costing experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of cannabis industry’s legal rules and guidelines.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.).
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
Turning Point HCM
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Turning Point HCM