Software Engineer Level 2
TurningPoint is looking for aSoftware Engineer Level 2
The candidate will be responsible for the coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development and support of TurningPoint's proprietary ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) product for both internal and external deployments. The product is an Enterprise-level Telecom Life Cycle Management system, used by several government agencies. The product is based on Microservices architecture built using Java programing language with Big Data processing technologies such as Spark, Elastic, and NiFi, etc.
The candidate will be providing application development and maintenance for deployments at U.S. federal government hosting centers, AWS cloud implementation, and in-house data centers. As a Software engineer, the candidate will have the chance to explore and learn about a wide range of tools and technologies and have the opportunity to both build new functionalities and maintain the existing project.
- Work in a team environment to develop and provide application maintenance and operation support for a large enterprise application.
- Work closely with product development, business analyst, and product delivery teams to provide production support to customers.
- Troubleshoot, understand root causes for defects, and code software patch in a quick turnaround time
- Deliver innovative solutions that increase application performance, security, and maintainability.
- Identifying and deploying security measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure continuous integration, continuous development pipeline (CI/CD), and continuous monitoring.
- Prepare and submit the deployment packages (application builds and all associated application deployment documentation)
- Provide application deployment support in on-prem and AWS cloud.
· Implement AWS cloud infrastructure and automation (Infrastructure as Code- IaC) and cost optimization.
· Prepare standard operating procedure documentation and development of run books
· Prepare and submit the deployment packages (application builds and all associated application deployment documentation)
· Hardening of Application Server and supporting software for security based on Center for Internet Security (CIS) Benchmarks and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
· Support the development of technical documentations, operational processes, security policies required for federal IT standards such as Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
· Perform vulnerability and compliance scanning, analyze results, provide assessments and reviews. Audit security control to ensure compliance with cloud requirements and governance models
· Adherence to TurningPoint's CMMI ML 5 process and procedure is required
· Minimum 5 years of experience with a Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related fields
· Experience providing production and deployment support for a web-based Enterprise Java application with excellent debugging abilities.
· Hands-on experience with Oracle, Postgres, and MySQL databases in writing DDL/DML scripts, troubleshooting, performance tuning, ability to ingest and analyze large data sets.
· Ability to understanding of the application testing lifecycle
· Experience with Jenkins Automate Build tools and Static Code analysis tools (like OWASP Zap, dependency-check, FinsBugs, PMD, and SonarQube)
· Maintenance and operation experience with WildFly or JBoss Application server.
· Strong Unix/Linux experience (Shell Scripts, Advance Unix Commands, Monitoring tools)
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to get a government clearance as required.
Good to have skills/Certifications:
· Oracle Certified Java Programmer is a strong plus
· Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB is a plus.
· Experience working on AWS cloud services. Having an AWS certification is a plus.
· Good understanding of FISMA, FedRAMP compliance, and NIST 800-53 security controls
· Experience with SAML based Single Sign-On Integration with Active Directory
· Experience with GSA telecom contracts, telecom carrier web portals, and carrier service ordering
· Knowledge on AI/ML models and Blockchain is a plus.
Turning Point Global SolutionsRockville, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.