:Director of Health Information Management/Medical Records - La Amistad Behavioral Health Services
Minutes away from Orlando, La Amistad Behavioral Health Services is set in quiet, residential areas in Maitland and Winter Park, Florida. We treat individuals ranging from children and adolescents to adults. We have treatment programs for psychiatric issues, chemical dependency issues, and dual diagnosis for those suffering from both. The therapeutic environment at La Amistad is serene and homelike, and the semitropical climate of Central Florida allows for year-round activities. The greatest asset at our mental health facility is our staff, comprising highly-qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, professional nurses, social workers, therapists and psychiatric attendants who work as a team to uphold La Amistad's reputation for excellence in helping patients resolve behavioral health problems.
La Amistad Behavioral Health Services is a leader in the field of behavioral health care, and our experts are committed to providing the highest quality of care in an atmosphere that nurtures healing and growth. La Amistad enjoys full accreditation by The Joint Commission. La Amistad believes in building healthy communities, which start with healthy individuals, linked through sound relationships to their families, friends, neighbors and peers.
Director of Health Information Management (HIM)/Medical Records
Under the general supervision of the CEO, establishes and maintains adequate health information systems in compliance with all applicable laws, standards and policies. These systems include forms control, chart audits, record security, releases of information, transcription and filing. The Manager of Health Information Director supervises the ancillary staff working within the HIM Department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plans, organizes, and establishes systems to support all health information activities. Results should produce a safe, secure and easy maintenance system for all staff that utilize records.
- Performs audits and surveys and develops statistics or other reports to ensure that health information systems are in compliance with established policy and requirements or regulatory agencies.
- Maintains ongoing health information systems, such as filing, forms control, chart organization, coding, master patient index, chart tracking, communication tools, safety and security of records and systems.
- Develops standard operating procedures describing day-to-day operations for the HIM Department.
- Prepares work schedule maintaining adequate staffing of department at all times.
- Provides clear instruction and workload assignments to department staff resulting in effective, efficient daily operations as observed by supervisor.
- Meets regularly with department staff to discuss challenges, successes, effectiveness and efficiency of procedures and operations of department.
- Collaborates with the Quality Improvement Department to ensure that information systems meet the standards of The Joint Commission and with the Risk Management Department in the identification of risks related to documentation.: