Project Accountant Associate
Turner Industries Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Turner Industries Group, LLC is looking for a Project Accountant Associate to join our team in Baton Rouge, LA. The overall purpose of the Associate Project Accountant position is to assist Project Accountant and to ensure invoicing on each project is handled in an accurate, efficient and professional manner.
Applicant must possess a Bachelor's degree in the field of business, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Candidate must have experience working in Microsoft Office Suite with heavy emphasis in the usage of Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate must be organized detailed oriented and self sufficient in record keeping, and conduct his/her self in a professional manner.
- Applicant must be capable of working with remote field personnel in the collection of cost and revenue data and explanations that help expedite client billing and prompt problem resolution.
- The position allows for high autonomy. Prospective candidate must be able to set tasks and prioritize the completion of set tasks.
- Candidate must be highly analytical and confident in their ability to learn new processes and procedures due to the varying expectations of each of our clients.
- Applicant must be able to work on projects as a team. This role would involve an increased level of interaction.
Daily Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employee must help Project Accountants prepare, and submit to our clients, detailed and accurate invoices of reimbursable costs associated with maintenance and construction projects.
- Employee must effectively communicate and work closely with other departments, field personnel and client representatives to adequately compile invoicing information and problem resolution.
- Employee must work well with other Project Accountants and offer assistance when a co-workers workload deems necessary. Any other free time will be filled with special projects such as client audits, system conversions, etc. as deemed necessary by Project Accountants and Project Accounting Manager.
- Employee must help Project Accountants prepare detailed and accurate month end accruals (when necessary) will help to efficiently research, report, and explain any billing transactions to Accounting Management.
Goals and Objectives:
- Associate Project Accountant will work closely with and assist Project Accountants and Project Accounting Manager in developing sound billing procedures for clients who have challenging billing requirements.
- Employee will work closely with and assist Project Accountants and Project Accounting Manager with the process implementations involving the billing workflow
- Associate Project Accountants will work closely with and assist Billing Manager to continue to strengthen billing compliance with corporate accounting procedures and processes company-wide.
- Employee must assist in special projects such as client audits, system conversions, etc.
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
SPECIAL WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY OR ANYTHING OF VALUE TO PERSONS WHO STATE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY OR GET A DEBIT/CASH CARD FOR PURPOSES OF THE DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HIRING OFFICE AT TURNERCOMMUNICATIONS@TURNER-INDUSTRIES.COM BEFORE AGREEING TO PAY FOR A DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Turner Industries