Dirt Equipment Operator
Turner Industries Saint Paul Park, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Turner Industries Group is seeking a Journeyman Dirt Equipment Operator for a maintenance position in St. Paul, MN. Ideal candidate must be able to operate full sized excavator, dozer, front end loader, mini excavator and be willing to relocate.
- Schedule: 40 Hours, 4-10s
- Per diem available for one (1) month
- NCCER preferred but not required, must have experience with a backhoe, track hoe, bulldozer, front-end loader, motor grader, flatbed, dump truck etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license, drug test required
- Must be able to pass craft test and safety council courses in English
- Bus driving experience and CDL a plus
General Job Description:
Operates various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. May operate all or some of the following types of equipment: backhoe, bulldozer, crane, dragline, front-end loader, motor grader, cherry picker, dump truck, etc.
Moves hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment; interprets hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed; reads and interprets load charts; may assemble or disassemble equipment or material on construction projects; may be required to manipulate equipment on un-level working surfaces; may perform maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing and oiling machines/equipment.
- Pre-employment qualification test
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation (20/40 vision, with or without correction, required)
- Hazard Communication orientation/test
- Turner Industries Group, LLC indoctrination
- ANSI approved corrective eye wear (Z87)
- Job site orientation
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.)
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.)
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the work place
Employee may be required to do the following: climbing into and out of equipment; reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials; coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, fingers and feet to operate tools and equipment; lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.; standing; sitting; walking; pushing; pulling; bending; kneeling; crouching/squatting; crawling; seeing with or without correction; hearing with or without correction.
Employee may be required to do the following: following set procedures and standards; applying basic mathematical skills; planning work and selecting proper tools; reading and interpreting load charts; judging distances and slopes accurately; following oral and/or written directions; reading; writing; ability to recognize and report safety hazards.
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
SPECIAL WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY OR ANYTHING OF VALUE TO PERSONS WHO STATE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY OR GET A DEBIT/CASH CARD FOR PURPOSES OF THE DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HIRING OFFICE AT TURNERCOMMUNICATIONS@TURNER-INDUSTRIES.COM BEFORE AGREEING TO PAY FOR A DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSaint Paul Park, MN
ConstructionView all jobs at Turner Industries