Staff Accountant (Contract-to-Hire)
A large client of ours in the IT space is looking to bring on a Staff Accountant on a contract-to-hire basis. The position is open due to growth within the organization and will report to the Senior Accountant. Client is requiring a Bachelors Degree from an accredited 4-year university and a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare month end journal entries and reconciliations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
· Assist in various monthly close activities
· Assist in the various audits that are conducted throughout the year
· Proactively recommend process improvements and participate in planned system implementations
· Provide monthly detail to the Senior Accountant for General Journal entries; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals
· Assist Senior Accountant with payroll system and payroll related items.
· Assist CFO with 401(k) system
Education & Experience:
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited 4-year university (required)
· 3+ years of accounting experience (required)
· 2+ years maintaining and posting to the general ledger (required)
· Experience with Navision (preferred)