Corporate Accounting Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: Corporate Accounting Manager - Rockville, MD
We are currently representing a Corporate Accounting Manager opportunity with one of the DC area’s leading Real Estate Developers. This position is open due to a recent promotion within their group and will be supporting the Director of Accounting with duties including month-end close (reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, etc) lender reporting, working with property management for property level financials, liaison with external auditors, and managing a team of 4-6 corporate accountants.
This opportunity includes a competitive compensation package + amazing benefits, growth opportunity/upward mobility, great work culture and tenured team, and the chance to join one of the area’s largest private real estate developers
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage the daily corporate accounting operations, including month-end close (corporate and property level), GL maintenance, AR, AP, cash reporting, and other duties
· Perform detailed review of property financial statements prepared by direct reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with monthly close procedures
· Supervise and Review the work of direct reports (4-6 corporate accountants)
· Review, and approve Operating financial statements and tax packages on a rotational basis.
· Review monthly budget to actual variance explanations and quarterly year-over-year variance explanations
· Review partnership property packages and work with Property Management on issues to ensure accuracy
· Calculate Monthly distribution for Third Party Management properties, and Monthly management fees for both Residential and Commercial Properties
· Manage the preparation and reviews for both quarterly and year-end audits, liaison with external auditors for quarterly reviews and year-end audits
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
· CPA certification Required
· 5-10 years of progressive public accounting and industry experience (Big4 or large national accounting firms preferred)
· Experience within real estate and/or REIT industry strongly preferred
· Software experience with Yardi or MRI a plus
· Supervisory experience of up to 2 staff preferred
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Turn2Partners
Get fresh Corporate Tax Senior jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.