Accounting Manager (Fully Remote- Immediate Need)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client has an immediate need for an Accounting Manager for a 9-month contract. The incumbent will perform professional level work in coordinating and providing advice to the operating units in period accounting, for review by top management of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
· The Accounting Manager will have daily contact with senior-level executive managers and the company’s Chief Financial Officer and Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
· The accounting manager will assist with general ledger accounting and financial reporting, assist with NAV calculations, pension accounting and monthly analysis both internal management and statutory for external stakeholders.
· This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
• Assists, as required, in semi-annual and annual audit reviews and information requests.
· Preparation of monthly and annual income and sales & use tax provision
· The accounting manager will be a key member of the team that determines accounting treatment for ad hoc investment transactions
- Bachelors in Accounting
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of IFRS standards
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Excel
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environmental
- Experience in/with public accountants
- Spanish language fluency
Finance and Insurance