Staff Accountant - Washington, DC
We are currently searching for a Staff Accountant for a healthcare services company located in Washington, DC. They are currently in need of a motivated Staff Accountant, to bring on to their Accounting division. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors in Accounting, and 2 years minimum of Accounting experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in month-end closing activities including journal entries and other analysis.
- Ensure accuracy of journal entries and general ledger
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Assist in annual plan/budget prep process by preparing revenue projections and variance analysis
- Review all invoices and expenses for appropriate documentation, approval, and consistency with the organization's policies and procedures prior to payment.
- Cash receipts and cash disbursements
Education & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (required)
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience (required)
- Previous GL and account reconciliation experience
- Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUPS, pivot tables)