- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Research Assistant
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
FUNCTION: Creative Production
REPORTS TO: Producer
CONTRACT: Part-Time to Full-Time
What We Need:
Turn Me Up is looking for an ambitious, design-savvy, and organized research assistant to aid producers on multiple projects in active development as well as support the creative team with a variety of essential duties.
NOTE: This position is not remote. You must be able to work in our office in Burbank, California.
What You Will Do:
- Strive for industry-leading development practices; owning and improving processes, schedules, and task tracking
- Take meticulous notes in production meetings for dissemination of action items to relevant parties
- Review Design documentation for language, logic, and grammatical errors
- Perform internal quality assurance and preliminary reviews on submitted creative materials
- Ensure clear communication across the team, internally and externally
- Seek out problems or areas for improvement and present actionable solutions
- Research and present findings on various new initiatives and best practice.
- Act as a diplomat, identifying areas of potential conflict and preventing issues from compounding
- Update production software in accordance with protocol
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Perfectionists who love making sure every detail is in order
- Someone with an eye for design
- Curious and quick learners who thrive on problem solving and stepping out of their immediate comfort zone
- Great communicators with a ‘how can I help’ attitude and an ability to build strong relationships
- Proactive and pragmatic problem solvers
- Team players who raise issues along with potential solutions
- People who fundamentally believe in the mantra “efficient, not just functional” across all of development
- Smart-working people who maximize their time and don’t resort to crunch at the first opportunity
- Someone who believes in professional respect and behaves with maturity
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills.
- Design experience is a plus (graphic, visual or game)
- Portfolio containing relevant skills and past work
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies, Visual Design, Game Design, or related field
Who We Are:
TurnMeUp Games is an independent Developer and Production Hub with years of experience producing games and other interactive media. Recent projects include Borderlands: Legendary Collection, Journey to the Savage Planet on Nintendo Switch, Life is Strange on iOS and Android, and Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab for the Oculus Rift.
We are a fast-growing studio dedicated to elevating everything we touch. We’re future-focused with a strong culture of service that’s guided by efficiency and self-awareness. In short, whether it’s the modern, industrial aesthetics of our offices or the clean design and efficient processes that drive creative, TurnMeUp is a finely tuned machine for precision and excellence.
Our business model is simple—utilize more than 300 veteran developers we have curated across 3 satellite offices throughout Eastern Europe for “developmental heavy-lifting” while relying on a talented LA-based team of Producers, Directors, Writers, and Designers to lead and coordinate Production, Design, and Creative.
As the client-facing side of development, TurnMeUp's Los Angeles team is responsible for connecting our partners to dev resources with the right experience for each project’s needs, while managing production until release through our completely transparent and trackable pipeline.
Our Burbank office sits in the heart of downtown, walking distance from dozens of shops and restaurants. As the Design and Production hub, the studio is fully-equipped with state-of-the-art development hardware, motion and performance capture stage, sound and vocal recording booths, and network and telecommunications infrastructure to support our satellite offices and partner studios, around the world.
Turn Me Up
ScienceView all jobs at Turn Me Up