The National Accounts Sales Manager is responsible for the sales, promotional spending, and selling activities for specific National Sales Accounts as assigned by the Senior Director of Grocery Sales. The National Accounts Sales Manager has oversight for any Broker, Distributor, and Turkey Hill Sales Merchandisers assigned to the National Accounts to deliver Sales Goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and participate in broker activities such as the following: periodic space allocation reports by customer; periodic competitive activities reports including pricing and programs; annual customer business review and headquarters calls; retail call frequency and activities; participation in plan-o-gram development and implementation; participation in category management study and recommendations; analyze and secure retail promotional opportunities; present and secure retail promotional opportunities; soliciting new stores or customers; participation in trade events, dinners and shows; and collections and deductions adjudication and negotiations.
- Perform annual broker and sales merchandiser performance reviews in writing and discuss the review with the affected broker or person.
- Make an annual customer headquarters call at a minimum for each account.
- Develop an annual sales and spending plan by customer and market in collaboration with Trade Marketing and Finance including pricing, feature & display performance, and item authorization goals.
- Solicit direct (non-broker) account sales, as appropriate.
- Provide sales service to direct (non-broker) account customers.
- Serve as a National Accounts contact/coordinator for other company functions and activities, such as: Accounting - collections and deductions; Marketing - Publicity and trade events; Distribution - Delivery requirements and problems; and Route Sales - Equipment, delivery scheduling, etc.
- Make and keep vital contacts within the retailer/wholesale trade.
- Make recommendations regarding national or regional marketing programs and opportunities.
- Attend sales planning and manager meetings.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 5 years of Walmart/Sam’s Club sales experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong knowledge of Walmart’s retail link system.
- Strong Excel Knowledge.
- Travel required will be approximately 25%.
- Must live n NW Arkansas.
This job description is a general description of essential functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All associates of Turkey Hill Dairy are expected to perform tasks as assigned by Turkey Hill supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.