Spacecraft Dynamics Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Dynamics is responsible for low and high-frequency loads, vibration, and forcing functions for the DROID family of spacecraft being developed by Turion Space. Core responsibilities include structural analysis, Craig-Bampton model reduction, jitter analysis, random vibration, shock, and sinusoidal testing. Strong frequency and time domain intuition are essential for this position. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work closely with design, thermal and GNC engineers on the team to ensure mission success.
Compensation: $90k-130k, 0.25-0.75% equityCompensation:
- Solving dynamics problems through design, analysis, and test
- Build finite element models
- Run dynamic test campaigns (sine, random vibration, shock, etc.)
- Sensor placement and selection for test campaigns
- Data analysis using MATLAB or Python and experience with signal processing tool boxes and model correlation
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience on dynamic systems, preferably spacecraft
- Experience with dynamics testing
- Experience with NASTRAN
Turion Space was formed with the vision of building the technology required for humanity's interplanetary future. To achieve this goal Turion Space is building spacecraft for LEO to move things around in space, and gather SDA data when we're not. Turion Space aims to build the highest dV/$ space transport vehicles and is launching the DROID.001 mission in April 2023.
TravelView all jobs at Turion Space